Menu

Teacher's Lounge 2-23-2012

Good morning or afternoon!

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast I had cold pizza, the kids had toast; Lunch will be pasta I think, dinner not sure yet

What are your plans today? school of course, watching 2 kids all day, as soon as they leave I have to head to a town an hour away to pick up an oldfashioned step stool, then get back home because I have 2 kids arriving to spend the night and then I will watch them all day tomorrow too

Are there any signs of spring where you are? THings were melting yesterday, it is fairly mild out right now

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

Breakfast - spam (yes I know but I need some protein!), 1 spelt English muffin, fruit, water

Lunch - salad with protein. Tuna today?

Dinner - Hmmm. Korean short ribs? Not sure. Scratch that - ds14 wants to make gyros. I told him to research recipes.

What are your plans today? Very normal, boring routines of schoolwork, housecleaning etc. I really need to work on our finances today so I hope that the kids cooperate.

Are there any signs of spring where you are?

Tulips and daffodils are poking their spiky leaves out of the ground. For some reason we had no crocuses this year.

Can I come here even though I am not teaching anyone anymore (does dog training count?)

Breakfast: I had rye bread, an egg and a little piece of sardines (I hope nobody gags reading this :D)

Lunch will be some fruit, perhaps more of the sardines. I am really a seal pretending to be a human.

Dinner: Leftover roast for dh, I'll have some roasted veggies, maybe a soup...

Spring is coming - the peach trees are budding on the west side, on the east side they already have tiny pinkish-white blossoms. VERY windy here today.

Hi!

I'm sitting on the computer today, as my little kids go through alllllll the Redwall episodes on Netflix. They probably have RSV. Sigh. I am soooo tired of illness. And my oldest dd took my oldest ds to his first speech tournament. On their way out the door, they noticed one of the horses had gotten loose, so that added an extra little bit of adventure to the morning.

The baby is so cranky from the prednisone, he wants to be held all the time. So, I can run and do something really quick for the 5 yo, then come back to quiet the baby's squalls. But I can do nothing else! I'm trying to corrall everyone around the humidifier.

Please come into my house: :tongue_smilie:There is spilled oatmeal in my kitchen (uncooked), last night's dinner dishes waiting to go into the dishwasher (the emptier is sick today), clean loads of laundry dropped in random places throughout the house, kids still in jammies with crusty snot nosed faces, unmade beds...and I really need to brush my teeth!

Breakfast: the kids had oatmeal; I had Starbuck's Java Chip icecream.

Lunch: I think we will have leftover soup. If I had more Java Chip icecream, that's what I would have for lunch, too. :D

Dinner: Some kind of chicken stir fry. Maybe. I think dd 17 will probably end up cooking. Thank heavens, she is coming home right after her running start class. Maybe I will send her out to buy more Java Chip!

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::D:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Oh and spring, I noticed yesterday that the bluebells are starting to send up their shoots.

This is what's getting me through the day (besides Java Chip ice cream): Last night, my 5yo felt terrible and crawled into bed with me. I heard him mumble as he settled himself, "Nestling with mommy...the next best thing to Christmas Eve..."

Edited by Natalieclare
forgot about spring...

Breakfast? We had eggs and bacon on toast. It is Pigby's day at school, so I try and make sure he's got a really good breakfast so he can make it to his first snack. Lunch? You don't want to know. See my thread from yesterday. :blushing:Dinner? I had thought of something, but now I can't remember what it was. I'm hoping it comes back to me. Maybe we'll just get Subway. Apparently they're having $5 on all their foot longs this month and we need to go to Walmart.

What are your plans today? Since Pigby's gone and I have a little free time, I'm trying to plan a gluten free menu. I want to try it for one month and see if it makes any noticeable improvements. I'm scouring Azure Standard for things I want.

Are there any signs of spring where you are? It's been raining the past few nights and very sunny the past few days, but it's really windy out there. Dislike!

Good morning or afternoon!

What are your plans today?

Good morning, Jean!

I skipped breakfast because I gorged myself last night and wasn't hungry. :tongue_smilie: Lunch will be a salad with almonds and feta. Dinner will be steaks...a very special and rare treat for dh.

Today, my plans include school, cleaning and laundry. It's so nice to be home and staying on top of my responsibilities.

The trees are pollinating, and there are bees buzzing around, which means it's Spring. We had a mild winter here. I'm hoping for some snow in March.

Good afternoon!

We all had cereal for breakfast. The kids had Cinnamon Life. I had multigrain cheerios (only because the kids ate the last of the Life!). For lunch, we had cheese tortellini (from Trader Joe's), Cara Cara oranges, grapes, and mini sweet bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of goat cheese, cream cheese, sundried tomatoes, and garlic. They were delicious!

We're going to have salisbury steaks with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, and green beans almondine for dinner.

We've gotten a lot of school work done today! Yay! The kids are enjoying some free time now. DD14 is cleaning the van for me (she wants to earn some extra money!). The laundry is all done (for now) and the kids have finished most of their daily chores. We have to take dd14 to dance this afternoon and then pick up a friend's dd5 on our way home since she needed a babysitter. Hopefully I'll be able to prep dinner while the kids play. DH is going to pick dd14 up at dance on his way home and then we can eat dinner and relax.

It's currently 74 degrees and sunny out! We had a wild thunderstorm around 1:30am, but the weather is beautiful now! My windows are open and the house is airing out! It's been such a mild winter that trees are starting to bud and daffodils are blooming! Crazy!

Good afternoon!

Breakfast? Yes! Lunch? No :( Dinner? Probably. I'll be hungry with virtually no lunch.

What are your plans today? Work! School! Food! And I'm researching Charlotte Mason stuff. I think we may incorporate more of that instead of the mish-mash I've been doing. I'm excited! (Can you tell?)

Are there any signs of spring where you are? Yeah, and have been for about a month. All the birds are back, the trees budded out before February 1 and we've already had to mow the lawn twice this month.

Breakfast: Oatmeal + Omelet

LUnch: salad + left over beef

Dinner:Kids: deli pizza, parents stir fry/ frozen

School, grocery, errands, try paper mache with kids for the first time. Roman helmets are in order. Any one want to dig in?

It's 80 F and the air is full of dust. I shut the windows and ran the air conditioner to filter out the pollen. I'm ready for Fall.

Yes, No, Chilli

work (been doing that all day), school (did that already), post-offfice (gotta get those expensive international stamps), judo (a chance to sitdown and breathe for an hour), laundry (always have to do this), vacuum (two white dogs that shed like crazy)

the cottonwoods have started to put out their leaf buds, but nothing else I've noticed. We need a lot more snow this winter or we'll have a terrible summer so I hope spring holds off for a while, unless spring plans to be wet.

:seeya:

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast and lunch were served at my friend's house. Dinner - mac n cheese.

What are your plans today? I picked the girls up from an overnight. We have cousins spending the night tonight...one is here and the other is coming around 5pm. We are off from school this week!!

Are there any signs of spring where you are? Yes, flowers are trying to pop up but we did have some icy snow last night. And the temps are in the 40's.

I had rice cakes spread with Polaner all fruit stuff and a handful of cashews for breakfast. "Lunch" was on the road while I was out hitting three different stores to do the week's grocery shopping. So, I indulged in a pack of vegan peanut butter cups (which were fabulous, by the way). I ate a banana when I got home.

Dinner will be casual tonight, because both kids have rehearsals in different parts of town again. I will leave with them by 6:00, and my husband may well not be home yet. So, I think I'm prepping him what we call a "quesadilla" that is actually more like a flat burrito. He'll microwave it and eat whenever he's ready. The kids will either do their own thing or talk me into making them something simple. I will probably eat a bowl of salad.

Still on my to-do list is getting said kids to and then home from said rehearsals. Already crossed of my list is that grocery shopping, as well as some laundry, organizing my pantry and tackling the big pile of junk in the bedroom (with limited success). Oh, and I have tried valiantly to get my son to do some schoolwork (with even more limited success).

Well, we're in Florida. So, "spring" got started sometime late last month. The lawn is growing again, though, which makes me unhappy since it's my job to mow it.