Menu

My sister

We think he has another............family? Can paternity tests be ordered by the court?

Yes, they can in CA at least. Don't know if this differs from state to state.

What a horror. I'll be praying for her. Can you invite her over so she can "decompress" at your house for a bit? I would not even want to be in the same house with the guy.

She had to go a long way to find someone who was willing to represent her against her husband. It's going to be ugly. He apparently has been getting his ducks in a row for a couple of years.

We think he has another............family? Can paternity tests be ordered by the court?

Slimewad.

There are a lot of things I could say...most of which would show up as a series of little asterisks once I hit "submit reply."

astrid

She had to go a long way to find someone who was willing to represent her against her husband. It's going to be ugly. He apparently has been getting his ducks in a row for a couple of years.

I am so sorry....heart hurts for her! and you! Just love her right now, honestly, the financial path will be in limbo until all of the divorce decrees are signed and sealed, that can take years....she just needs a dogged attorney who will not tell her to settle to end it...but make sure she and their children are adequately provided for..I have seen divorces drag out for 2 years b/c funds had to be 'found'....a good attorney will find them all (even in the islands)...she will do fine...if she was married to a slick man...she has probably learned a thing or two....I wouldn't discuss financial woes just yet, but encourage her in everything, maybe just be an ear for her...