Menu

Randall D. Hart - Book & ? on term "Axiology"

Has anyone read his book, "Increasing Academic Achievement with The Trivium of Classical Education"?

I was only a few pages into it when I hit the term "axiology" - which was totally unfamiliar to me. I went over to Wikipedia to try to get some of the main points.

I wasn't exactly expecting another universe to open again today. :001_huh:

Has anyone already BTDT?

The first 40 pages are on preview here:

https://www.ocps.net/lc/southwest/edv/schoolinfo/Documents/Hart's%20Book.pdf

I "get" that he's reviewing some of the most recognized forms of classical approach, and uses axiology as part of the definitions for each segment of discovering a practice.

How to mentally exercise and apply the word to each system to understand it is the challenge I'm facing right now.

So if anyone is up for a discussion on what axiology is, and how it applies or extracts values on different forms of education...I'm totally up for that. :)

I get the feeling here, that the definition may be different for the various types, just because of the historical context and proper translation of the development, I guess I'm after historical accuracy here.

Anyone?