Menu

Hooky Day

Playing hooky today.... :tongue_smilie: Anyone out there joining me? My girls ate breakfast a short time ago and are still running around in their pajamas. Schoolwork? :001_huh: No thank you. Not today. We had a tiring day at Disneyworld yesterday and even though I technically only planned on 1 day off of school- today just. didn't. happen.

On a positive note I did sweep my floors and threw in a load of laundry. I'm thinking it's almost time for a movie though. I'm exhausted for all this *nothing*. :D

Here too, though not so much for fun reasons. I'm a bit burnt out and we have three different appointments this afternoon. Plus I have a persistent headache and PMS. That should make roller-skating extra fun later! :tongue_smilie:

We needed a veg day too though. I wish I could get some cleaning done!

We had a late pancake breakfast then tromped off to play in the creek. :001_smile:

We're now off to music class. I'll squeeze in some math, reading, and history (hopefully).

I guess we're having a half day.

I just have to say it felt so good driving to the park all sunny and happy, listening and singing to Ella Fitzgerald. It was a glad to be alive, glad to be free and homeschooling kind of morning. :001_wub:

Enjoy your day off! We love to loaf around the day after a Disney trip.

Yes ma'am. We are going to the county fair in a bit, and I wanted to get some computer work done before we go. So dd got a day off. :) She submitted 4H stuff in 6 different categories, so she's too excited about seeing if she got any blue ribbons to actually concentrate.

Good luck to you DD! I hope she wins a ribbon!

We had a late pancake breakfast then tromped off to play in the creek. :001_smile:

We're now off to music class. I'll squeeze in some math, reading, and history (hopefully).

I guess we're having a half day.

I just have to say it felt so good driving to the park all sunny and happy, listening and singing to Ella Fitzgerald. It was a glad to be alive, glad to be free and homeschooling kind of morning. :001_wub:

Enjoy your day off! We love to loaf around the day after a Disney trip.

That's the quote I was looking for- "It was a glad to be alive, glad to be free and homeschooling kind of morning"

Totally feeling that today.

:D