Menu

Teacher's Lounge 2/22/2012

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

Breakfast was 2 eggs, 1 spelt English muffin, p.b., water

Lunch will be my infamous salad with protein

I have no idea what dinner will be. Any ideas?

What are you doing today?

We had a quote for a new garage door. Anyone's husband sell garage doors? He said that they homeschool. . .

We're now getting ready to go to the library.

Ds got tutoring help from his tutor by e-mail even though the tutor is on vacation. (The tutor told him to contact him if he got stuck.) I am so happy with this tutor!

Are you still keeping your New Year's Resolutions? Some of them. I am not keeping up with tracking my food on Sparkspeople (which was one of my goals). But I am exercising 5 days a week still!

We're still sick here, so meals are pretty lean. DD had warm tea for breakfast with extra sugar and a pinch of salt. I haven't eaten anything - I might have some toast later.

What are you doing today? Resting, trying to get over the bronchitis, and working on coming up with the $6k to get our home out of foreclosure.

Are you still keeping your New Year's Resolutions? I didn't make any this year - I'm too busy just trying to keep up with everything.

Thanks for opening the lounge, Jean! Frugalmama, ouch... good luck on the $6K. That hurts :(

Breakfast? Breakfast was bagels for the kids. I didn't eat. Bad Mama. Lunch? Lunch will be whatever I can find. We're WAY overdue for a grocery shop. Dinner? Leftover BBQ ribs and brisket with green peas and either rice pilaf or potatoes... since, again, I haven't been to the store.

What are you doing today? Had an eye appointment this morning for me and ordered DS his new reading glasses while we were there. Now we're doing school. After we get done here, we'll head to the library, pick up DD, have her practice her violin, and then go to a friend's house for an hour or two. After the kids go to bed, I'm off to the grocery store!

Are you still keeping your New Year's Resolutions? YES! I only made one - to have dinner with family and friends each month. I had dinner with my dad on Monday night and dinner with a friend last week... and my FIL and his wife are coming to dinner on Thursday. I'm happy.

Breakfast was my usual. I don't think I'll have lunch. Dinner will be gf penne with sausage and kale (or is that rainbow chard in my fridge?)

I'm working, and I think I'm losing the battle against the crud that my older dd had last week. I'm feeling worse and worse as the day goes on. I need to gather the girls for school as soon as the tylenol and coffee kick in. There is also cello this afternoon.

Are you still keeping your New Year's Resolutions?

I made a short term one that was easy to keep. I made that long overdue appointment for my annual exam - I hadn't had one since my youngest was born. Now I've successfully completed my resolution for the year and don't have to worry the rest of the year about keeping resolutions. :D

No breakfast

Lunch -- mac & cheese with cut up leftover steak in it

Supper -- no clue

School

maybe going to file taxes later If go file taxes will run to store while out

Sadly no :blushing::sad:

In schooling this morning we kinda rabbit trailed onto the subject of coins and silver. This lead to kiddos pulling out their change and checking the dates on coins. Gotta love hsing and rabbit trails

Breakfast?

Leftover bread machine bread from last night's dinner. Butter, Cinnamon and Sugar, PB, Jelly ...

Lunch?

Box Mac and Cheese and sliced apples

Dinner?

Cannelli Beans in the crockpot (with celery, carrot, onion, bacon, herbs ... it smells yummy!), cooked spinach, garlic toasts

We did school this morning. We had a really good morning. Everyone did their work quickly with little complaint because I'm babysitting my niece (yay for cousins visiting!!) this afternoon. I should do my school planning for next week this afternoon, but I'll probably not ;)

We had Cinnamon Life cereal for breakfast. Lunch was a variety of leftovers--two girls had noodles with cheese, one had a hot turkey & cheese wrap, and my son had leftover pizza. All had some really yummy Cara Cara oranges that we bought at Trader Joe's today. My youngest also had some cantaloupe. I had half of a roast beef sandwich from Jason's Deli (leftover).

Dinner will be soup, grilled cheese, and salad.

We got some school done this morning, before having to leave to take dd14 to her literature coop. While she was in class, we ran errands (Trader Joe's and grocery store). We're going to cram in the rest of our schoolwork this afternoon, before leaving at 4pm to take three kids to children's choir at church and dd14 to dance class. I have to work tonight (9pm-1am) :tongue_smilie:.

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions.

I didn't see a Teacher's Lounge today so I'm opening it even if it's afternoon for many of you.
Thank you!

Breakfast?
I had oatmeal w/raisins & Craisins

Lunch?
Leftover black bean and beef soup

Dinner?
We'll be having Rachael Ray's Goulash over rice pasta.

We are having school today. I went grocery shopping this morning. Ds10 is trying to decide whether or not we should go to "Bingo for Books" at the library (at this moment he's decided "yes").

...Are you still keeping your New Year's Resolutions?
I only made one as well - get to bed on-time (no more late-nights). So far, so good...:001_smile:

Breakfast for my son was home-made waffles and a smoothie. My daughter ate hash brown patties, toast, a banana and drank soy milk and orange juice. My husband (working from home today) had toast with peanut butter. I had a slice of bread with just a little bit of margarine, a couple of rice cakes with fruit spread, half a banana and a small handful of cashews.

I don't make lunches for other folks. They do their own thing when they are interested. I had half a bag of salad (which have been on sale buy one-get one recently) and some saltines.

Dinner is Chinese-style veggies in garlic sauce, rice and vegan "egg" rolls.

Working very, VERY hard not to yell at my son while watching him dawdle and make excuses for why he can't possibly do his schoolwork today. Other than that, I'm just working on dinner and listening to my husband do a conference call. Tonight, both kids have rehearsals, in different locations at the same time. So, I'll be doing my usual crazy driving back and forth across Orlando.

I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I have been pretty good about sticking with my plan to re-lose some of the weight I re-gained last year. I started with a plan to lose 17 pounds, then decided to go for 22. I've made my goal weight this week but am pondering trying to lose another five before I stop. (Please don't worry. I am still overweight by MUCH more than those extra five pounds I'm considering.)

I'm struggling with the weight thing, because I've never had anything like a healthy relationship with food or weight. I've been overweight -- occasionally obese -- for as much of my life as I remember. Several times, I've dieted down to a healthy weight (and once below that), but I've never been able to maintain it for longer than a couple of months. So, one voice in my head is saying, "Oh, come on! It's only another five pounds. You can do it!" But the other voice is reminding me that it's more important to learn to maintain any reasonable weight than it is to get skinnier but not be able to stay there.

Sigh.

Honestly, with the exception of some external stuff that has been done to me, this whole weight thing has caused me more emotional pain than anything else in my life.