Menu

Phonics apps?

Aspasia

I'm looking for some iPad apps that make reading fun. My dd is almost 5, so I know she's young, but she CAN read cvc words. She just doesn't care for it. I don't force her, but I would like to gently "encourage" her. She loves games and REALLY loves the iPad (because she almost never gets to use it), so this may be just the ticket.

I'm looking for some iPad apps that make reading fun. My dd is almost 5, so I know she's young, but she CAN read cvc words. She just doesn't care for it. I don't force her, but I would like to gently "encourage" her. She loves games and REALLY loves the iPad (because she almost never gets to use it), so this may be just the ticket.

My son absolutely loved the Preschool University apps (still all free), until I shelled out for higher production value stuff with "prizes," etc. Now he avoids them - but they did work wonders while he used them. If she's not allowed to use the iPad often, this might be a good inducement. ;)

Also, Pocketphonics is great, and there are tons more. I'd have to sit down with my iPad to get the full list. ;)

• 8 months later...