Menu

Dr. Hive... i need HELP!!! :(

5 weeks ago i went into the doctors (i had already been sick a week then). i had strep throat, laryngitis and a sinus infection. they gave me an antibiotic and sent home. about 4 days into the anitibiotic i started to feel a bit better (like i could function for small bits of time...still had severe sore throat and sinus). i stayed like this for 4 weeks. i went in again last wednesday because my mother begged me to go and was worried about me. he told me i still had strep and a sinus infection. i told him i was so tired and run down that i nearly feel asleep in the chair waiting for him for 5 minutes. he said he thought it was normal, but was sending me for blood work, since its been a while anyways.

so now its been close to 7 weeks and no lie, i feel like i have chronic fatigue syndrome. caffiene does not a thing. i can drink 2 cups of coffee in the am and still pass back out. i never could do that before for sure. i am so sleepy, i barely stay awake to get the girls to bed... doze off during the day... and most days sleep till 11!!

what the heck is the matter with me?? the only other time i felt like this was several years back when i had pnemonia back to back,it took a good long while to recover. but i cant seem to get over this. any ideas??? anything i can take over the counter or anything at all?

thanks so much

thyroid?

Have you had your thyroid levels tested?

:grouphug::grouphug:

my thyroid levels were checked about 6 months ago, but it wouldnt be bad to have them ran again....im not sure if its on the blood test he gave me here (i go for that tommorow)

Did he test you for mono? I had that a bit over a year ago, and I felt just like that for a couple of months. The sore throat and the fatigue were awful.

dang... never thought of this and the symptoms are dead on. ugh. im not sure if he has this on the blood test here, i will for sure call tommorow though and mention it! :) if it is mono, is there anything that can be done or taken??

Could just be something going around. I have a friend who described the last month of life as feeling like she was in a coma. She had laryngitis and bronchitis and has been on several different medications/antibiotics/steroids etc. It completely wiped her out. She is just starting to feel better but she still sounds terrible.

Did they completely rule out any hint of pneumonia? Hope it just turns out to be a nasty bug and nothing more serious.

Could just be something going around. I have a friend who described the last month of life as feeling like she was in a coma. She had laryngitis and bronchitis and has been on several different medications/antibiotics/steroids etc. It completely wiped her out. She is just starting to feel better but she still sounds terrible.

Did they completely rule out any hint of pneumonia? Hope it just turns out to be a nasty bug and nothing more serious.

he said my lungs sounded fine, which they feel fine... my cough was more throaty and never really in my chest.