Menu

human body science curricula

leeannpal

This is an s/o of the astronomy post. My daughter is interested in studying the human body next year. I've looked at Apologia and Homeschool in the Woods, but are there any other options out there that I don't know about? This will likely be a supplemental science program because we plan to use HOD's Preparing for our main curriculum and will do the HOD science as well.

If it's just going to be supplemental, at that age I would just do TWTM style. Stacks of books from the library, narrating or written narrations about each part of the body and diagramming/drawing from the books. My 4th grader just diagrammed the eye last night :) As she learns about each part of the body (bones, heart, etc) cut them out with construction paper and put a body together on the wall. Or get one of the body books that come with some sort of hands on activity.

Sorry, I did forget her age. She will be 10 and in 4th grade next year.

Ok -- so Sonlight might be a little too much, but here's the link:

http://www.sonlight.com/science-f.html

My personal favorite is God's Design by Answers in Genesis:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/product/The-Human-Body-Teacher-and-Student-Pack,6568,193.aspx

If it's just going to be supplemental, at that age I would just do TWTM style. Stacks of books from the library, narrating or written narrations about each part of the body and diagramming/drawing from the books. My 4th grader just diagrammed the eye last night :) As she learns about each part of the body (bones, heart, etc) cut them out with construction paper and put a body together on the wall. Or get one of the body books that come with some sort of hands on activity.

I recently purchased this book from Rainbow Resource. The pages are reproducible, they have a discussion about what each body part does, along with an illustration to color, cut out, and paste on your life-size body outline (traced from your dd's body.) It's really cool! And only $6.50!