Menu

Requesting prayer for ER, who is several states away on a choir tour/mission trip...

ER sent me a text message this afternoon requesting prayer. Everyone in the group is tired and it seems that one member is "extra grouchy" as a result and is taking it out on the others. I'm sure that this is simply a distraction intended to detract from the ministry that is taking place. Please pray for ER & all the others.

I am continuing to pray for your ER as well! It's too bad this is happening! I think you're absolutely right that this is a distraction to take away from the meaning of the trip! Let him know he is being prayed for! Hope they make it through the rest of the trip ok!

Why do we think that sleep deprivation is a requirement for ministry trips? Sorry, that's just my rant about them, it seems that the organizers and leaders of most of these trips think that everyone can function for days/weeks on end without proper rest. I have been on many of these trips (overseas, not choir tours), and we were always pushed to the breaking point to "fit it all in."

IMO, this type of scheduling is foolish, counter-productive, and typical "get it all done" Western-style thinking that is a sure-fire way to open people up to exhaustion and chemical imbalances. So much is repaired in our bodies when we sleeeeeeeeeeep. Sorry. Like I said, it's a rant.

When I lived in Belize, the Belizeans were wonderfully relaxed. They could NOT fathom what possessed the "North Americans" to work all day in the heat and sun, when they were just as productive (in their own way) while resting during the heat of the day. They worked in the mornings and evenings, and whatever didn't get done that day could get done tomorrow, or the next day. :001_smile: Not only that, but they had a better understanding of how to have a real conversation! I miss them.

I am praying not only for your son, but for the "cranky person," who I suspect is simply exhausted, and I hope doesn't get scape-goated by the group. Please tell ER to be especially kind and caring towards this tired one. HTH.

Please tell ER to be especially kind and caring towards this tired one. HTH.

I told ER I would pray that he would be able to be patient with that person, and I encouraged him to talk with one of the adult leaders/counselors if he needed to. You're right; they're just tired, and I know that the one who is causing the tension wasn't feeling well for a day or two.