Menu

Sleeping Woes

Since I quit my job over a month ago, I have not been able to sleep.

I worked a shift schedule, so my schedule was constantly changing from day-to-day, week-to-week. I don't know if my current issues are related to my old work schedule, or if there is something else going on.

Basically, I am having trouble falling asleep, and when I do fall asleep (usually 2-3 hours of tossing and turning) Or I doze off, only to awake 30 minutes later, and repeat the process.

We also moved my daughter in with my son recently (like two-three months ago) and we were having some issues with them intermittently not falling asleep or waking up in the middle of the night (still happens occasionally) just last week my son decided that 1:30 am was wake up time and we tried to get him to sleep for two hours before I gave up and we went to color.

I am going to try a "new system" and see if it works, but I would love any other pointers/tips/ideas. :bigear:

Basically my "system" will be:

- No snacks after 9pm (have read that late night eating promotes sleeplessness)

- No TV/CPU after 10pm (have read that late night screen time can promote sleeplessness)

- In bed (lights out) by 12am. (Will adjust this time earlier, but first I have to actually fall asleep)

I just want to get a good's night rest, and feel awake.

Dim the lights about two hours before bed no computer tv smart phone or kindle type device either

make sure the room is cool and dark and that you are tired

if after what feels like 1/2 hr 45 min and you are not falling asleep get up and go read till you feel droswy then go back to bed

if you still cant fall asleep find another room to go and lay down in

Go to bed and get up the same time every day. No naps. No caffine after noon no smoking g two hours before bed