Menu

Migraines during pregnancy?

I have always had migraines and usually take maxalt for them but I am 30 wks pregnant and maxalt is contraindicated during pregnancy :( so my OB prescribed prodrin which is the same as midrin but a new formulation. So I felt a migraine coming on today so I took one and now my scalp is tingling all over? Has anyone ever taken midrin and experienced scalp tingling?

I really wish I could just figure out what is triggering them so I could eliminate them but the triggers don't seem consistent at all. Sometimes eating certain things will cause one and the next time it doesn't:confused:.

I have never had that with Midrin. The medication's job is to open up blood vessels in the head, so maybe that is common.

I wonder if you could have a trigger that is a specific ingredient in the foods you said sometimes trigger your's and sometimes don't? Maybe one brand has that ingredient and another doesn't? Are you making a daily log of EVERYTHING you do/experience and eat?

My migraines are triggered by chocolate, stress, flashing lights, and hunger. Migraines are a family trait in our family and start around 18. My mom has so many food triggers that she ate nothing but rice for a week and then started introducing one food at a time (like every other day). Hopefully you won't need to do something this severe!

Edited by Cara in Ky