Menu

Kids National Geographic Deal today!

My son loves these and they are so good for helping study animals so I thought some of you may be interested in getting a subscription for only $10 for 10 issues.

One-Year Subscription $76% off the Cover Price$

http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/national-geographic-kids-one-year-subscription-feb2012?ref_id=126507&utm_source=share_link&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=national-geographic-kids-one-year-subscription-feb2012&utm_term=126507&utm_content=hotmail

5% of your purchase can go to a school of your choice. Even though we homeschool I sent a school in our area the 5%.

I just want to throw in a warning - there is TONS of advertising in this magazine. My kids like the content, but the insane amount of child-directed ads bothers me.

:iagree: It also tends to have more "advertorial" content than I like, such as a feature story going behind the scenes for an upcoming movie.

On the other hand, National Geographic LITTLE Kids magazine is ad-free and outstanding. My just-turned-3yo goes through each issue dozens of times.

I just want to throw in a warning - there is TONS of advertising in this magazine. My kids like the content, but the insane amount of child-directed ads bothers me.

I was :confused: by this and just looked through the Feb 2012 issue--there are virtually no ads in it. 2 pages have a strip, maybe a little less than 1/3 of the page, with an ad--one is advertising a series of books and the other is advertising a dvd about dinosaurs. That is it. There are NO other ads at all.

eta: My son (age 10) enjoys this magazine.

Edited by LeslieAnneLevine

:iagree: It also tends to have more "advertorial" content than I like, such as a feature story going behind the scenes for an upcoming movie.

On the other hand, National Geographic LITTLE Kids magazine is ad-free and outstanding. My just-turned-3yo goes through each issue dozens of times.

It looks like they're going to have a deal for the Little Kids mag on the 23rd. :)

Guest submarines

:iagree:*Insane* amount.

I was :confused: by this and just looked through the Feb 2012 issue--there are virtually no ads in it. 2 pages have a strip, maybe a little less than 1/3 of the page...

I agree - I just ran upstairs to check DD's and I saw two strips of ads total in the entire magazine. She has received these magazines for at least three years now & consistently scores 2-3 grades ahead in science on her standardized tests (even though I can shamefully say that I have actually taught science 2-3 weeks total). A lot of that has to do with the magazine, and the interest it sparks in her leads her to learn more on her own (I have purchased three different science curricula over the years, so she has plenty to choose from) ;)

I highly recommend this magazine!

I just looked through the March 2012 issue and there were two full-page ads, both for a TV show called Lab Rats. No other ads.

Two full-page ads is a bit more than the 2 partial-page ads in the Feb issue, but still a small amount of advertising. I'm wondering if they used to have more ads and have now pulled back from that due to complaints/cancelled subscriptions.