Menu

Notgrass Curriculum help please?

My parents want to purchase Notgrass History for me, and I would enjoy having a curriculum to work from instead of trying to create my own. So I researched online and found it to be a good in depth curriculum, but I just want to make sure it covers all the bases. Would this be a good curriculum to prepare me for college? I want to get a good understanding of everything, so any advice, tips are appreciated!:)

I'm wondering whether you're planning to do World History or American?

For Notgrass American, I have no experience but I've enjoyed Lori D.'s posts, like these:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2587510#post2587510

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2418806#post2418806

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1775830#post1775830

For Notgrass World, we have used this at our house with MFW, and I feel like that's the only way I'd use Notgrass World at my house. World history just is too broad to cover in one book without reinforcing some areas, and I like the way that's done with MFW.

So not a lot to share, but thought your post looked lonely :)

Julie

thanks Julie, maybe I will take a look at MFW, is there any way to find it cheaper? MFW is really expensive...

Remember that the cost includes 3 credits, or about half of your high school curriculum, so I'm not sure it's that bad, especially because you don't need to add things.

But there are yahoo groups that specialize in reselling MFW materials:

MFWCurriculumSwap (busy group, but strictly limited to official MFW recommendations & must follow the rule of starting your post with FS or WTB)

MFWCurriculaSwap (not busy yet, but trying to include more things)

And there are the WTM Swap Boards LOL

Julie

Remember that the cost includes 3 credits, or about half of your high school curriculum, so I'm not sure it's that bad, especially because you don't need to add things.

But there are yahoo groups that specialize in reselling MFW materials:

MFWCurriculumSwap (busy group, but strictly limited to official MFW recommendations & must follow the rule of starting your post with FS or WTB)

MFWCurriculaSwap (not busy yet, but trying to include more things)

And there are the WTM Swap Boards LOL

Julie

True, but with 6 kids to buy curriculum for, and all at different grade levels and learning styles, coupled with the fact my dad doesn't have a good job, have to pay a high rent, and another baby on the way, adds up!:lol:

But if I do agree it sounds like a reasonable price for 3-in-1, I may have to stick with Notgrass for this year though.

Thank you for your help Julie!:)