Menu

Printing MEP

A.Balaban

I use three hole punch paper and keep it in a binder. There is a divider separating the teacher pages from the student pages. Honestly, I don't print out the posters. If we do an exercise using them then we look at it on the computer.

I have also just read the teacher pages from the computer to save on paper, but that is not my preferred way of doing things.

I print out the student and teacher pages one section at a time. As I finish a day, I put it in the back of the binder. When it is time to print a new section I generally print on the back of any used pages. I really, really try to get two uses from each sheet of paper.

Just so you know, MEP is formatted for A4 paper. So if you use 8.5x11 paper you will need to "scale to fit" or some of the material will be outside the printing margins.

But...if you "scale to fit" any measuring type problems (where children measure line segments, etc.) will be out of scale.

Not the end of the world, but something to know.

Bill

Just so you know, MEP is formatted for A4 paper. So if you use 8.5x11 paper you will need to "scale to fit" or some of the material will be outside the printing margins.

But...if you "scale to fit" any measuring type problems (where children measure line segments, etc.) will be out of scale.

Bill

... THAT'S what's going on! [head-smack] Clearly my printer automatically scales to fit; none of the measurements have been accurate.

I haven't tallied the paper costs, though I think DH is starting to :D. If I were being more careful I'd print out the copymasters, work from my laptop with the lesson plans, and sketch the rest on our big art pad. That's roughly how I use it now, partly 'cause Button's so young & having the big copymaster-size problems suits him.

Bill

That is good to know. I think I need to write that down somewhere important. :D I guess the way around it would be to do a print screen for that type of problem (with the measuring problems) and then copy it in another document (with the correct margins/paper size). A little trim should be all it needs to fit in the document. (Since A4 is only a bit larger than standard US letter size)

Or is their a simpler way to do it to maintain the scale? :tongue_smilie:

That is good to know. I think I need to write that down somewhere important. :D I guess the way around it would be to do a print screen for that type of problem (with the measuring problems) and then copy it in another document (with the correct margins/paper size). A little trim should be all it needs to fit in the document. (Since A4 is only a bit larger than standard US letter size)

Or is their a simpler way to do it to maintain the scale? :tongue_smilie:

I've seen at least one mom here mention just going over the few problems with lines herself manually making them the right length. That is probably as easy a solution as anything (wish I'd thought of it :D)

Bill

I've seen at least one mom here mention just going over the few problems with lines herself manually making them the right length. That is probably as easy a solution as anything (wish I'd thought of it :D)

Bill

:D:D

If there is only a few that would be pretty easy! Save me some time on the computer at least.

I print the measurement pages with no size adjustment, and it just chops off the page number at the bottom. Otherwise it works fine.

Once you get past measuring simple lines, you actually wouldn't be able to expand the length because sometimes it's a complex path or a rectangle.