Menu

Subaru Outback - do you have one?

A friend has one and I have driven it a few times. My only issue with it is that it sits lower than my Escape and I forget that I shouldn't take it over curbs. :tongue_smilie:

She loves it though. It seems very reliable and gets decent gas mileage for that size vehicle.

Ours is a 2009 (I think) and the only thing I don't like is the design for the head rests. They tilt forward a little too much. I'm used to them now though. Oh, sometimes I think the interior isn't as spacious as it could be. My last car was a 95 Camry with lots of interior space and a huge trunk. I didn't get another Camry because of the lack of space in the redesigned model, so the Outback is a much better option, but I think my old Camry trunk had more space.

We bought a used 2005 Outback in 2008 and love it! The only thing I don't like about it is that it's an extremely popular car in my area and it's sometimes tough to find ours in the parking lot. Perfect for winter driving, hauling stuff, and road trips.

I thought of one tiny, tiny complaint. The driver's seat is motorized, meaning that you push a lever to adjust the seat and the motor pulls it forward or pushes it back for you. We only have one car, so dh and I are constantly switching back and forth. Dh is a full foot taller than me, and sometimes I get impatient waiting for that motor to pull the seat all the way forward. It takes like five seconds or something. :lol:

I LOVE that there's a height adjustment on the seatbelt. I've never had a car with that feature before. Also LOVE the heated seats.

I used to have one and loved it! In fact, when we next need a car that's the one I want to get. If Subaru could figure out how to make a hybrid 4Wheel drive I'd be in heaven! LOL.

Because it's 4wheel drive it does suck up the gas more than another non-4wheel drive that size- but that's my only complaint.

This. We had an outback for about 10 years and that is still my favorite of all the cars we've had.

I have a 2011 Outback and LOVE it. It got me through a 20 mile drive during the Christmas blizzard of 2010 without a skid. It has excellent crash test results. My canoe fits on top. The ONLY thing I could possibly complain about is the backup lights are too dim or not positioned correctly compared to my Honda.

Edited by Kalmia

We had one for several years and it was my favorite car of all that I have own. We sold it because we had too many kids for it to be my primary car when I had the twins. I wanted to cry when we sold it. I keep trying to talk my DH into buying one as his car.