Menu

We finished our first read-aloud!

funnygirl

Just finished The Children's Homer and dd LOVED it - she gave it a score of 20,000 on a 1-10 scale. :)

Thanks for letting me share; it's just so nice to be able to say we FINISHED something! And now we get to watch the movie - BIG excitement!

I think we're going to move on to something totally different next: Oliver Twist. One of our local theaters will be producing the musical in May, and that will make a perfect endcap to the book. (Plus it will probably take me that long to read the whole thing aloud! ;))

Anyone want to share what you're reading aloud??

Congrats on your first read aloud!

We are just starting Ginger Pye and loving it. Really cute story. I'm hooked and considering sneaking upstairs and reading a little ahead to see what happens. :001_smile:

We are just starting Ginger Pye and loving it.

We love ALL the Pye books!

Thank goodness, I don't have to read this aloud, because all the genera names would completely stump me.

HA! That would be me with all the Greek names in Homer!

I guess I should have been more specific with my "horn-tooting"; this is obviously not the first book I have EVER read aloud to my dd. But it's our first official WTM classic. Just to clarify, lest y'all think I'm some kind of bizarro-mom who never read aloud to her child! YIKES!!

:lol: This made me laugh. I certainly didn't think that you had never read to your dd before this book, and I hope that my response didn't sound like I did! I totally get what you mean. All the regular "parenting" stuff somehow feels a little more intentional when it's done under the auspices of "homeschooling." I still say, Yay for you and your dd! It's wonderful to have that feeling of accomplishment! :D
Where does homeschooling end and parenting start? 3 pm. If Funnygirl read a book on Greek myths before 3, she was doing classical homeschooling, BUT if she read it after 3, she was just parenting. :D