Menu

nora gaydos Question?

cagirlintexas

I think the Nora Gaydos books are some of the best phonics readers. We use a variety but the NIR books are favorites. The stories are engaging, the pictures are colorful, and best of all, they are true phonics readers. They don't weigh one-pound so if your mother can ship cheaper, i wold go that route. I would buy both level 1 or 1a and 2. My daughter reads the level 1 for pleasure and level 2 for school.

Are the actual books paper back? It says hardback on Amazon but I am thinking maybe the case it hardback and the books are paper back? Is that correct? Are the books light weight paper back similar to bob books?

Mine are paperback, light weight, but larger dimensions than Bob Books. My dd really enjoys the Nora Gaydos books, and believe me, with her being a late/struggling reader, having her enjoy something is wonderful!

The books are paperback, a little bigger than the Bob books. There is a small hardback binder around them.

My kids love them - colorful pictures and cute stories. We've only used the first set so far. Your child will find the first five books to be somewhat easy, but the last five will give more practice with blends and a few more sight words. We don't have the second set, but I was just looking at them today for my kids. I'll probably order another of the level 1 sets, plus the first of the level 2 sets.

To me, these seem like some of the most engaging and practical readers out there. I recommend them! :)