Menu

Prayer request please

I wanted to ask everyone to pray for some lovely friends of mine. Yesterday, Mama had an emergency c-section and baby girl is now in critical condition in the NICU. Due date was last Wednesday so she wasn't preterm but I don't really know any specifics right now. Please pray for baby girl and their whole family.

ETA: As of this morning, the docs have told our friends that they don't expect baby girl to make it through today. I am just so sad. Please continue to pray and send good thoughts to them.

Edited by littlebug42

Update: Baby Lillian shows little to no brain activity. Her kidneys have shut down and her heart is failing her. Apparently during the traumatic birth, she was without oxygen for anywhere from 10-60 minutes and it took 10 minutes of CPR to revive her at birth. They have brought in their minister to baptize little Lillian this evening. Please ask everyone you know to pray for this precious little one.

Lillian is still fighting. Last night they began the process of raising her body temperature as they had it decreased to 91 to help minimize possible brain damage. Thank you so much for everyone praying for her. Her parents are comforted to know that so many, even strangers, are praying for their baby girl.