Menu

preschool packs?

PeacefulChaos

I'm looking for some preschool packs similar to these for DD to do next year. I've already got LOTW stuff, but so much of that is the same thing each week that I'm thinking about going a more 'unit study' type route (only it wouldn't be unit study per se, but Tangled for a while, then Curious George, etc).

She just needs something to do while the boys are doing school work, and she'll be 3 at that point. I tried searching but came up with nothing. :confused: Some of the things she likes (which I would love to find some of) are Clifford, Pinkalicious, Minnie Mouse (or Mickey Mouse, if absolutely necessary), Backyardigans, Blue's Clues...

Oh, and it needs to be free, like the website I linked. ;)

Thanks!

I have printed some from Homeschool Creations. She has cute stuff. Honestly, though, I find that just a few preschool packs are more than sufficient since they all target basically the same skills. And they take me longer to find, print, laminate, and cut out than they take to complete! So I would also suggest some other "school" activities for your little one. We've gotten much more use and variety out of things like activity bags, beads, stamps, stickers, workbooks, etc.

I have printed some from Homeschool Creations. She has cute stuff. Honestly, though, I find that just a few preschool packs are more than sufficient since they all target basically the same skills. And they take me longer to find, print, laminate, and cut out than they take to complete! So I would also suggest some other "school" activities for your little one. We've gotten much more use and variety out of things like activity bags, beads, stamps, stickers, workbooks, etc.

This is true. I use the packs as a starting point. It become our theme for 3-4 weeks. So I get books from the library on that theme, create a sensory bin based on it, pull out other activities each day tied to it but not limited to the preschool pack. The one I am planning next is peter pan, so I have printed off my pack, need to laminate it still. Will get peter pan book from the library, pull out the wooden pirate ship, create a sensory bin (probably just going to be a green one that I can tie into St. Pat's too), fairy wings, animal costumes and pirate stuff from the dress up bin to be tink, the lost boys or hook. Getting 2 versions of peter pan dvd fromt he library(the disney version and my favorite one). I am still in the planning stages but as you can see it turns into a slew of activities for my preK group without it being just the preschool pack. It stretches it out and makes it more fun imo than them doing a few work sheets and you assembling it all.