Menu

"Safari cannot connect to the server welltrainedmind.com" message?

DarcyM

Seems I am getting dropped a lot navigating from page to page. Several times a day I get the message that Safari cannot find the page (whatever) because it cannot connect to the server http://www.welltrainedmind.com.

Anyone else getting these messages with annoying frequency?

Usually closing out the page, opening a new page and starting over stops it, but it inevitably happens again.

I am a web moderator, so I consider myself fairly technologically proficient. Not sure why I can't navigate.

Thanks for any insight, SysAdm! :)

You should know that all of the admins here use Macs.

I don't think your site issues are related to using Safari.

Which doesn't keep me from scratching my head over what might be causing your issues, though. Our site performance is way way better than it was before we moved hosting providers.

Please feel free to send me a screen shot when you have an issue so I can take a look.

Sincerely,

Bob Wise

a.k.a the WTM Computer Geek

No, we use Iowa Telecomm. My understanding is that it's not their stuff. They just repackage and distribute it.

I manage a NICU Family Support site, so I'm online 4-6 hours a day. So far, this is the only server that's dropping me. I've never gotten that message before. However, our site does have geographical disparities with connectivity. We haven't figured out why.

I am on a wireless MacbookPro w/ my area's fastest available DSL; that's not saying too much though. I live in the sticks. ;)

I was telling my dh about it and he asked me what website I was going to. I told him and that I didn't think it was that..I thought it had something to do with the computer...I am not a computer person. But I have noticed that when I use Safari that it will cut me off and ask me if I would like to report the problem or to reload. If I use Firefox, I don't have that problem.