Menu

Which one for younger kids: Expedition Earth or Road Trip USA?

bethanyjoy

I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old (they will turn 6 and 4 in September and October). I've been looking at Confessions of a Homeschooler's Expedition Earth and Road Trip USA programs. Which one would you all recommend for us? I can't tell that much from the samples which one would be more age appropriate for us right now.

Thanks,

Bethany

This year I've been using the Expedition Earth for my 8 (almost 9) year old and a friend's 10 year old.

I would use the USA Road trip for your 5 year old. It is closer to home -- and maybe you could take a short "real" road trip. That would make it really come alive.

Deb in NJ

I am using Expedition Earth with my girls (ages 4 and 5) this year but I dropped the workbook. I love the stories, projects, arts and crafts and hands on aspects of the program but the "workbook" felt like busy work to me. For each country we read stories (fiction and non-fiction), locate the country on the map, do several art projects (Global Art is a fantastic book), play traditional games, cook a special meal, listen to some music and watch a documentary. I have used Expedition Earth for a booklist, but I am not sure it is worth $15 just for that.