Menu

5th grade world geography textbook?

Runkles is a good physical geography text. I read it to all my kids and it's very readable. My 5th grader was reading it a breakfast the other day for fun. It also often raises questions that we turn to the internet to research. (e.g. how does London's weather compare to ours and why)

Brownie

My ds and I will be using World Geography and You by Steck Vaughn. Below is a link to samples at Rainbow Resource. I found the hardcover text & TM used for much less at amazon. The student text just arrived and I think it will work well for my rising 5th grader. Each continent has an overview with highlights of many of the countries on the continent. There is a great deal of vocabulary covered and each chapter ends with review questions. The TM contains text answers and tests/quizzes along with activities, but I haven't received it yet to give you any more info. I plan to also use Kingfisher Geography Encyclopedia and have ds label and color various types of large wall maps for each continent.

http://rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?subject=14&category=4626

HTH,

Jennifer

My ds and I will be using World Geography and You by Steck Vaughn. Below is a link to samples at Rainbow Resource. I found the hardcover text & TM used for much less at amazon. The student text just arrived and I think it will work well for my rising 5th grader. Each continent has an overview with highlights of many of the countries on the continent. There is a great deal of vocabulary covered and each chapter ends with review questions. The TM contains text answers and tests/quizzes along with activities, but I haven't received it yet to give you any more info. I plan to also use Kingfisher Geography Encyclopedia and have ds label and color various types of large wall maps for each continent.

http://rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?subject=14&category=4626

HTH,

Jennifer

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. Just bought the hardcover and teachers guide for $17 (with shipping).