Menu

Hi, I am giving the boards up for Lent.

Hi all,

I just realized that Ash Wednesday is this week. Last year I gave up Facebook for Lent. This year I am going to do Facebook and the boards. It will be really old fashioned to just use my computer for e-mail.

I hope you all are well. Send me a PM in the next few days if you want my real e-mail address. If not I will see you all again after Easter.

Bye for now (not a swan song:D)

Nicole

I already pm'd you dolphin but I am absolutely NOT following your example. THough I hope Ibbygirl does and then I can take the crown of thread killer from you both while you are gone. :D

LOL I go to a non-denominational church so we don't do much for Lent. I'm embarrassed to say I don't even really know when Lent is. :blushing: :leaving: But I'll be going out of state next week so I probably won't be around much. You can happily have my thread killer crown! I would gladly relinquish it. :p hehe Unfortunately it seems that this curse isn't one that I can pass on to someone else. :( I don't try to be a thread killer, it just happens. I wish I wasn't one though. :( sniff. :nopity:

Good on you Nicole for making sacrifices for Lent. I hope it bears you much fruit. :)

...I was just talking to the kids this evening and we were discussing what each one was going to give up for Lent...

I proposed hard liquors for myself:lol:...well, it's not going to work (probably I should be relieved kids are onto me!).

Giving up the boards...THAT is going to impress!!:)

I'll start on Wednesday!

Thanks for the inspiration!

LOL I go to a non-denominational church so we don't do much for Lent. I'm embarrassed to say I don't even really know when Lent is. :blushing: :leaving: But I'll be going out of state next week so I probably won't be around much. You can happily have my thread killer crown! I would gladly relinquish it. :p hehe Unfortunately it seems that this curse isn't one that I can pass on to someone else. :( I don't try to be a thread killer, it just happens. I wish I wasn't one though. :( sniff. :nopity:

Good on you Nicole for making sacrifices for Lent. I hope it bears you much fruit. :)

no worries... many of us were clueless at one time. In fact, someone just asked about Lent this past week:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348098&highlight=Lent

Lots of good info. if you're so inclined.

Enjoy your week away.

I'm newer here to the boards, so I won't qualify for any crowns, thread killer or otherwise, LOL...

We used to attend non-denominational churches as well, but have, in the past year, become part of a Lutheran church... going back to my roots, so to speak, all the ancestors on my dad's side were Lutheran (and very German!!). So Lent is something we're thinking about for the first time this year. I'll have to go back and read the other thread.

I'm not sure I'll give anything up this year... I'm still trying to figure it all out. Although if pressed for a decision, I think I could comfortably give up cruciferous vegetables. :lol: (You know, for the once or twice I might come across them during the Lenten period...)

My DS is taking his first communion class at the church though, and will receive his first communion during Holy Week, so we're looking forward to that!

I'm newer here to the boards, so I won't qualify for any crowns, thread killer or otherwise, LOL...

We used to attend non-denominational churches as well, but have, in the past year, become part of a Lutheran church... going back to my roots, so to speak, all the ancestors on my dad's side were Lutheran (and very German!!). So Lent is something we're thinking about for the first time this year. I'll have to go back and read the other thread.

I'm not sure I'll give anything up this year... I'm still trying to figure it all out. Although if pressed for a decision, I think I could comfortably give up cruciferous vegetables. :lol: (You know, for the once or twice I might come across them during the Lenten period...)

My DS is taking his first communion class at the church though, and will receive his first communion during Holy Week, so we're looking forward to that!

Congratulations to your DS!! :) :hurray: