Menu

Exercise Thread 2/19 - 2/25

I did Tracy Anderson level 9, and oh my, was it hard. It was the first time in a long time that I actually had to take breaks. I felt queasy and my legs were jello when I was done. It was only 30 minutes but it kicked my butt. Actually it kicked my thighs to be exact. I've not felt thigh burn like that often. I decided to not push myself do to cardio after because I know I would have lost my stomach.

So, I guess you could say it was a good workout. ;)

I thought I'd jump in this board - I REALLY need to get back in shape. Hello, Negin, we're the kindred spirits on Book-a-week. You'll laugh too because my exercise today was....rebounding! I bought the thing last year for my kids to burn off energy but today I tried it myself. I was shocked how many muscles it worked! I have wanted to do it before but last year I had a bought of vertigo and I was afraid all that head movement might trigger it again. Anyway, here I am and hopefully I'll stay on track this week.

PS Are there any good rbounding workout dvds?

FMA training - some sparring. Training partner was curious about Insanity so from memory, I took him through the Month 1 warm up only. Well, he did ask on how to increase his cardio vascular endurance! :D It was my revenge against him for stabbing me in the face repeatedly. I often forget how far I have come; just because I can't do everything doesn't mean I can't do anything.

I thought I'd jump in this board - I REALLY need to get back in shape. Hello, Negin, we're the kindred spirits on Book-a-week. You'll laugh too because my exercise today was....rebounding! I bought the thing last year for my kids to burn off energy but today I tried it myself. I was shocked how many muscles it worked! I have wanted to do it before but last year I had a bought of vertigo and I was afraid all that head movement might trigger it again. Anyway, here I am and hopefully I'll stay on track this week.

PS Are there any good rbounding workout dvds?

Shawne, I thought of you and your idea to start a Pound-a-Week Thread. I would love to do such a thing. I would never say what weight I am, however :tongue_smilie:. Just how much I lose or gain in a week.

Rebounding is fabulous and so beneficial for overall health and the lymphatic system also. I can share lots and lots of info if anyone's interested.

My rebounder came with a DVD, but I really dislike it. A bit weird and cheesy. I do very basic moves and saw a few You Tube clips for ideas. I just bounce and do arm lifts, arm circles, waist twists, very basic stuff - all to my favorite music. I also watch my computer do a photo slide show, which makes me all nostalgic for when our dc were smaller, etc. :)

There might be some good DVDs at Total Fitness DVDs - use the coupon code "10off" to get a discount.

I'm keeping my exercise to a very bare minimum these days, since I'm trying to lose weight. I have found that my intake is, unfortunately, far more important when it comes to weight loss, than exercise. Not thrilled about that at all, since I love to eat. :tongue_smilie:

Monday - half of Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones. Did each circuit once except for the last one where you have to do it twice 'cause the first time works one leg and second time works the other leg.

We did a college visit last week, and I did not exercise Wednesday - Sunday - five days off! I had planned to exercise Saturday, but was too pooped after the drive straight through coming back from Nashville. So, I needed to ease back into things today. It's unbelievable to me how hard it is to come back even after such a short time off.

Edited by Hoggirl

Levels 4 & 3 of JM's Ripped in 30.

Oh how I loathe level 3. But it gets results. I did give myself a 5 minute break in between the two workouts though, and did the warm up for both levels, rather than just doing the warm up for the first one. I hate those stupid duck walks. :tongue_smilie:

I usually hate exercise. I've hated exercise for years. But, this year I wanted to improve my health and general wellness, so I started going to a once a week bootcamp class in January. In February I added a once a week TRX class. I have been trying to be more active at home as well.

Monday - JM DVD 30 day shred + 20 minutes on the elliptical

Tuesday - Bootcamp class

I'm actually enjoying myself now and can see this being something I want to continue for the long term.

Tuesday:

Beachbody Les Mills Pump: Sports Attack

Bob Harper Yoga for the Warrior - Abs (wow! this is great! So glad someone - Xuzi, I think?? - suggested it)

Isn't it?? It's my far my favorite abs workout. Even his "Totally Ripped Core" DVD (which is longer) doesn't make me feel the burn the way this one does. :D

I usually hate exercise. I've hated exercise for years. But, this year I wanted to improve my health and general wellness, so I started going to a once a week bootcamp class in January. In February I added a once a week TRX class. I have been trying to be more active at home as well.

Monday - JM DVD 30 day shred + 20 minutes on the elliptical

Tuesday - Bootcamp class

I'm actually enjoying myself now and can see this being something I want to continue for the long term.

Are you enjoying the TRX class? Have you had any benefits? I have considered taking TRX but question whether it is worth the extra money.

Woohoo! Welcome to the club. :D

Okay, thanks to these threads, I want to try Bob Harper and The Bar. Unfortunately, new DVDs are not in the budget right now.

I did Tracy Anderson level 7 of Metamorphosis followed with about 20 minutes cardio. It was push hard cardio though. My thighs are starting to forgive me from this past Sunday. :D

Levels 4 & 3 of JM's Ripped in 30.

Oh how I loathe level 3. But it gets results. I did give myself a 5 minute break in between the two workouts though, and did the warm up for both levels, rather than just doing the warm up for the first one. I hate those stupid duck walks. :tongue_smilie:

Since I am now a self-proclaimed exercise DVD junkie, I was just wondering???

Do you always do two levels? Do you ever use levels 1 & 2?

Since I am now a self-proclaimed exercise DVD junkie, I was just wondering???

Do you always do two levels? Do you ever use levels 1 & 2?

For the 30 minute workouts, yes I always do 2 levels. I do use levels 1 & 2, but never that combination. Today was actually the first time in a while that I didn't combine level 3 or 4 with level 2. I do level 1 of Ripped in 30 rarely because it's too easy for me. When I do Ripped In 30 I do one of the higher levels first (3 or 4), followed by a lower level (3, 2, or 1). Same with 30 Day Shred. I do level 3 followed by level 2 or 1, or level 2 followed by level 1.

I'll even combine DVD workouts, like doing level 3 or 4 of Ripped in 30 followed by level 1 of Killer Buns and Thighs.

It keeps me from being bored. :tongue_smilie:

Tuesday - Zumba. I got pulled up to the front to lead Harry Belafonte's "Jump in the Line". The class got to see that if an overweight middle aged woman who is sweating profusely can still do it, they can too!

Awesome!

:party: <---- Zumba party

Hey, I want to get in on this :D We have been dealing with illness for the past 2 weeks so I have done NOTHING til today. I did 30 mins on the elliptical and about 30 on the weight machines (upper body today). I then walked just 1 lap on the track (it was getting really late. I had to get home and get things done) I felt AMAZING after leaving the gym today! So much better than the last 2 weeks :D So glad to be able to finally get back at it!

Are there any certain rules to posting here?? Just checking ;)

Hey, I want to get in on this :D We have been dealing with illness for the past 2 weeks so I have done NOTHING til today. I did 30 mins on the elliptical and about 30 on the weight machines (upper body today). I then walked just 1 lap on the track (it was getting really late. I had to get home and get things done) I felt AMAZING after leaving the gym today! So much better than the last 2 weeks :D So glad to be able to finally get back at it!

Are there any certain rules to posting here?? Just checking ;)

None that I am aware of. Keep posting!

Are you enjoying the TRX class? Have you had any benefits? I have considered taking TRX but question whether it is worth the extra money.

You didn't ask me but my gym has a class and I find it kind of boring. It is challenging but it tends to strain my wrists and lower back. It could be the instructor. You should definitely try it because it might be up your alley.

For the 30 minute workouts, yes I always do 2 levels. I do use levels 1 & 2, but never that combination. Today was actually the first time in a while that I didn't combine level 3 or 4 with level 2. I do level 1 of Ripped in 30 rarely because it's too easy for me. When I do Ripped In 30 I do one of the higher levels first (3 or 4), followed by a lower level (3, 2, or 1). Same with 30 Day Shred. I do level 3 followed by level 2 or 1, or level 2 followed by level 1.

I'll even combine DVD workouts, like doing level 3 or 4 of Ripped in 30 followed by level 1 of Killer Buns and Thighs.

It keeps me from being bored. :tongue_smilie:

After two and a half years of exercising, I am finally getting to the point where I am comfortable mixing things up! Is Ripped harder than the Shred? I haven't done the Shred since I first started exercising. Good to know that the Level 1 in Ripped is too easy for you. I also appreciate your telling me that you do a "higher" number first. Very helpful!

After two and a half years of exercising, I am finally getting to the point where I am comfortable mixing things up! Is Ripped harder than the Shred? I haven't done the Shred since I first started exercising. Good to know that the Level 1 in Ripped is too easy for you. I also appreciate your telling me that you do a "higher" number first. Very helpful!

I find Levels 3-4 of Ripped to be harder than 30 Day Shred, and Level 2 Ripped is about on par with Level 3 of Shred (according to my totally UNscientific review :tongue_smilie: ). Level 1 of Ripped seems, to me, to be even easier than Level 1 of Shred!

~~~

JM's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism this morning. I worked on focusing on the workout, rather than letting my mind wander and operating on autopilot since I've done it a hundred times before. Definitely got a much better workout when I focused! :lol:

Tonight is Zumba!

so I tried p90x for a couple of weeks, I'm in pretty good shape and didn't find the cardio hard at all. The weight section was Ok except the pull-ups. my dh has a pull up bar and with a chair I can do several but they are stinkers:D

But the Tony guy just doesn't motivate me.

I am back to Chalean Extreme/Turbo Fire/Turbo Jam with some Cathe Stretch and Yoga/Pilate's

Sunday Rest

Monday Burn 2 (which I haven't done in months) I felt this the next day - in a good way

Tuesday 45 min cardio kick my booty boxing :lol: I threw in a Cathe Max Stretch with the Ball cause off the soreness from Monday. This one really works the tightness out of my shoulders and hamstrings.

Wednesday Push 3 and HITT 25

Thursday CLX 45 min of Intervals

Friday 60 min TJ on the Ball (I still like this cause of all the ab work and it give a 450 calorie. Its also a slower compared to all the TF stuff and gives me a easy day.

Saturday Hiking plan is 8 miles