Menu

Anyone watching funeral for Whitney?

I feel like I am fulfilling 3 weeks of church! The message is clear...Go to God. Who were the singers who sang, "maybe tomorrow"....I would love to hear the brother on the right sing everyday...what a voice! And I loved that song...I am somewhat bedridden and could not find anything on tv but this, I have been watching it for two hours now....and honestly can not turn it off...many tributes to Whitney and consistently brought back to where she felt at home, in the church...it is sweet to hear these things instead of the smut the grocery aisle mags put out there...rest in peace sweet sister.

I only watch Kevin Costner and it sounded "real" He told about their history and the movie. He mention they both shared their church roots with each other.

It seems that like many that were raised in church are still drawn to the Gospel. I think it was reported while intoxicated at a bar she sang Jesus loves me. She really was struggling with her worldly addictions and IMO the holy spirit trying to draw her back to Jesus.

I really hate to see this it like fame and fortune call them out of the church and in seeking that world it seems to destroy them. I was thinking of similar interviews by the childhood minister of Elvis.

I like that they only allowed the one camera and didn't make it about the rich and famous.

I have been camped out on the couch sick. I didnt plan to watch it but Im SO glad I did! It was so beautiful and so inspirational. I loved hearing all the stories about a generous soul, how she touched so many.

Her voice is the most beautiful voice Ive ever heard. ive seen The Bodyguard about 15 times. LOVE it.

When they carried out her casket to I Will Always Love You, I cried like a baby. My heart is broken for her mom nd her daughter. I hope they can find strength and peace, and I hope they can overlook all the mean things being broadcasted all over tv and the radio. I was appalled listening to satellite radio, yet I was glued at the same time. I had a long road trip nd listened to that trash only for so long, then I turned on Oprah Radio and listened to her last interview with Oprah in 2009.

I did not plan to watch, but I was knitting and just put it on for the music at first. It was very, very good. I really appreciated hearing from people who knew her best and I have a very different perspective on her than I had just from the *news*. Of course, we all know things are always slanted and sensationalized in the news, but it was so nice to hear about the REAL person.

I watched most of it. It was like being at church....I felt so uplifted by the whole thing. I think Whitney's family did a brilliant job of keeping the service private for family and friends, while allowing the world to watch from a distance. We were able to see what this family is about and how strong their faith is. It really does give such a different ( and undoubtedly more genuine) picture of the real Whitney than what we have seen in the gossip mags and tv.

As a Christian, I was so happy to hear of her real faith. It didn't mean that she didn't struggle, and fail, but it was obvious from listening to those who spoke that knew her, that her trust was in Christ.

Tyler Perry can really Preach!! I thought that was a real highlight, as well as the Winans family.

I am glad to hear that Cecelia Winans is Bobbi Christina's godmother. I hope that she will be able to be a strong influence in her life in the days ahead.

My auto correct kicked in!

I also wanted to mention that I only saw Whitney Houston sing live once. It was at a Be Be and Ce Ce Winans / Take 6 concert at the Hollywood Bowl back in the early 90's ( I'm old!!) . It was Ce Ce's birthday, and Whitney was hiding out in the audience, dressed in jeans and a ball cap, and at a certain point in the concert, Be Be announced that it was Ce Ce's birthday, and Whitney got up and started singing accapella the most amazing vision of Happy Birthday I've heard before or since!!! Such a goose-bump eliciting moment!!! She then sang a gospel song on stage with the Winans and band. It was really unforgettable. Just thought I'd share my memory of her.

Someday, I will see her sing in heaven again...that is something to look forward to!