Menu

could WWE be adapted for a summer program?

caedmyn

For those who've used it, how difficult would it be to adapt WWE for a summer (12-14 weeks) program? I was thinking of getting the instructor's guide and choosing my own selections. I'm more interested in using it for copywork/handwriting practice and narration practice than in using for learning grammar.

For those who've used it, how difficult would it be to adapt WWE for a summer (12-14 weeks) program? I was thinking of getting the instructor's guide and choosing my own selections. I'm more interested in using it for copywork/handwriting practice and narration practice than in using for learning grammar.

I am thinking I am going to have to do this for us. We are about half way through, but having trouble fitting it in. Both of my girls have started vision therapy, and I think it is best to put it on hold until their eyes improve some (6 y/o was having sooo much trouble with any copywork). I think it could easily be done as a summer program. Maybe someone else can chime in.

:001_smile:

We use it, but only two days a week. We do days 1 and 2 the first day, and days 3/4 on the second. I originally didn't get the workbook, but after a while decided it would be so much easier with it. I think you could easily do it over the summer. For example, once or twice a week you could do one reading/narration activity and one dictation from a workbook or your own source.

We use it, but only two days a week. We do days 1 and 2 the first day, and days 3/4 on the second. I originally didn't get the workbook, but after a while decided it would be so much easier with it. I think you could easily do it over the summer. For example, once or twice a week you could do one reading/narration activity and one dictation from a workbook or your own source.

This is my problem. I just did the download, but I really think the workbook is the way to go. I didn't think it was going to be a hassle, but it is. Oh well, lost some money, better go buy the workbook now too. Glad I am not the only one who ran into this problem:001_smile:.

I am thinking I am going to have to do this for us. We are about half way through, but having trouble fitting it in. Both of my girls have started vision therapy, and I think it is best to put it on hold until their eyes improve some (6 y/o was having sooo much trouble with any copywork). I think it could easily be done as a summer program. Maybe someone else can chime in.

:001_smile:

Just to encourage you, I have one who just finished VT, one who is halfway through, and one who is just starting. They had told me to avoid much reading & handwriting during VT, as any habits developed with "bad eyes" would have to be unlearned, and it was better just to wait. I'm so glad I did!! Tasks that were impossible are now easy! I had one kid who, at age 6, was not consistently able to even hit the paper with her crayon, and she now writes, well, beautifully would be an exaggeration, but she gets all the letters on the line and the sizing is somewhat similar!! :) It is worth waiting until they are done. Focus all the effort you would have put into reading & writing on your VT homework for now.

Just to encourage you, I have one who just finished VT, one who is halfway through, and one who is just starting. They had told me to avoid much reading & handwriting during VT, as any habits developed with "bad eyes" would have to be unlearned, and it was better just to wait. I'm so glad I did!! Tasks that were impossible are now easy! I had one kid who, at age 6, was not consistently able to even hit the paper with her crayon, and she now writes, well, beautifully would be an exaggeration, but she gets all the letters on the line and the sizing is somewhat similar!! :) It is worth waiting until they are done. Focus all the effort you would have put into reading & writing on your VT homework for now.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Yes, I know now to put things on the back burner and wait for VT, I just need to figure out what we can do while we are waiting for those eyes.:) Good to hear about your kiddos!