Menu

is there a computer based vocab curriculum?

I just ordered Word Roots B 1 ( Critical Thinking Company) recommended by Veritas Press. They have different levels. I got mine on Amazon. It won't work on Windows 7 but I have XP on another laptop for my software that won't. I did not even check to see the system req. before buying. So, I don't know if there is a newer version or not.

They also have different levels.

I ordered the Wordsmart cds off of ebay. They are kind of pricey, but I felt they would take us through high school. My son uses them and people comment on his vocabulary all the time. He's had evaluations done a number of times and tests at 12+ grade level for vocab.

Lisa

We have used Wordly Wise in the past, the workbooks. We've had to make some drastic cuts, and I've not purchased the kids next books this year...

Am I seeing this correctly, that they could do this ON LINE, and for free? I am off to investigate, but I am always scouting on the HIVE to find free resources...since I have had to resort to doing as much free as possible. This place ALWAYS has something :)

~coffee~

We are using Words and Their Stories through Homeschool Buyers Coop. We have used Wordly Wise for several years, but I wanted to change things up a bit and have a computer based one. I loved that I could have them take a test to find out what level they are at so I can adequately place them. I have my kids each do 2 words a day, but because of the way the program is set up, they end up learning more words because of the original word, so I feel they really get a lot of bang for their time. Go to the HSPC site and you can see samples. https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/index.php?option=com_hsbc_epp_order&Itemid=960&c=1