Menu

I was not in a slasher scenario today....

although I had my doubts for a while.

Today I dropped my two dds off to spend the day with some friends where oldest has college classes.

My dog and I then drove much further than we anticipated to buy some chicks. It was about two and a half hours away. When I talked to the seller last night I completely forgot to get his name, so dh knew what town I was in, but that was it. I called the guy when I got to the town for directions to his house, as I wasn't sure where I would end up with my GPS.

So I get directions and he's just two miles down the road. I go there and it's a little run down, not too bad......guy waves from the door and says the chicks are inside. Guy looked normal, (don't they all?) but as I was walking towards the house I started thinking "this is the part in the movies where the audience starts hollering 'Don't go in there, what are you thinking????'

So right as I stepped on the porch I picked up my phone and said into it "Yeah, I made it. Yeah, it's two miles east of the grocery store... bye." I figured if he was going to cut me in two with a chain saw that might deter him a bit.

Of course it was fine. There was a nice lady inside, I bought my chicks and headed on my way. But y'all wouldn't have believed this house. The first room looked normal but the second room and the kitchen were filled with incubators that went from floor to ceiling, and there were huge stock tanks full of chicks everywhere.

So a bit creepy, but in a "how in the world do you live in this mess" way instead of a "I think you're going to chop my head off and eat my liver" way.

Anyhow, I got my new chicks.

A very good friend growing up had a house like that...except rabbits. Lots and lots of rabbits.

Only I'm not sure they went out of their way to sell them. Eventually they overgrew the barn and shed and if her father hadn't passed away I'm not sure what would have happened.

I was intrigued by the seemly infinite population explosion.

Dh was lhao at me when I called him after I left. I'm at 36 chickens with three eggs under a broody. When he thinks I'm going over the edge I remind him how lucky he is that my hobby doesn't include flying to Atlanta to buy a vase, or going to NY City just for kicks. (sil)

He did tell me that he thought four horses to ride and two ponies to drive were quite enough.

although I had my doubts for a while.

Today I dropped my two dds off to spend the day with some friends where oldest has college classes.

My dog and I then drove much further than we anticipated to buy some chicks. It was about two and a half hours away. When I talked to the seller last night I completely forgot to get his name, so dh knew what town I was in, but that was it. I called the guy when I got to the town for directions to his house, as I wasn't sure where I would end up with my GPS.

So I get directions and he's just two miles down the road. I go there and it's a little run down, not too bad......guy waves from the door and says the chicks are inside. Guy looked normal, (don't they all?) but as I was walking towards the house I started thinking "this is the part in the movies where the audience starts hollering 'Don't go in there, what are you thinking????'

So right as I stepped on the porch I picked up my phone and said into it "Yeah, I made it. Yeah, it's two miles east of the grocery store... bye." I figured if he was going to cut me in two with a chain saw that might deter him a bit.

Of course it was fine. There was a nice lady inside, I bought my chicks and headed on my way. But y'all wouldn't have believed this house. The first room looked normal but the second room and the kitchen were filled with incubators that went from floor to ceiling, and there were huge stock tanks full of chicks everywhere.

So a bit creepy, but in a "how in the world do you live in this mess" way instead of a "I think you're going to chop my head off and eat my liver" way.

Anyhow, I got my new chicks.

Wow! Amazing how some people live. I couldn't help but laugh at the bolded. It sounded so funny! :lol:

There have been a couple of times where I've followed garage sale signs and thought the place was really suspicious (sign saying come inside, or around the back and there is nothing to indicate that there is stuff for sale). I mean....when you think about it....anyone could put up a garage sale sign to lure someone to their house. I remember twice this happening and one time I was with dd and my mil. Mil is like, "Quick, quick....back up and get outta here!!" It was really creepy. Glad all turned out for you.

I almost got myself in a pickle looking at a horse once--I was just clueless and managed to extricate myself just in time. She was a great horse though! :D

:lol: Sorry, I know this wasn't meant to be funny...but it sounds comical. Glad everything was ok.

Coulda been a chick-fillet.

:smilielol5:

LMAO- that reminds me of a song I heard today- to the tune of Yesterday

Chick-fil-A, I could eat their seven times a day.

Where the people laugh and children play,

Oh I’m in love with Chick-fil-A.

Suddenly, I need waffle fries in front of me.

With some nuggets, and a large sweet tea,

Oh Chick-fil-A, you set me free.

Kids get in the van so we can go there today.

But their stores are closed,

Oh I know, cause it’s Sunday. (Mutters.)

Chick-fil-A, what a dirty rotten trick to play.

Now I have to settle for Subway.

Oh I’m in love with Chick-fil-A. (Hums.) Chick-fil-A.