Menu

All About Homophones for AAS

KristenR

as we are working in Book 3 and nowhere in the book does it says it recommends AAH.

Anyways I am glad you guys brought that up as I had already went and purchased it. I am curious as to how they intend in adding this in the lessons of book 3. There is already homophones work within book 3 as they have a little mini book.

Anyone?

I would call and ask. Maybe it is scheduled in the newer editions?

It's not scheduled in. AAH is recommended with Level 3, because that's the level where homophones are introduced. AAS contains the most common homophones, but for extra work on them, many additional homophones covered, and for games (plus my favorite--independent worksheets!!), AAH is a great product. I tend to focus on the worksheets since my kids are older and I just want to cover the bases. I use these on a day when I don't think I'll have time to get to AAS--usually once every couple of weeks. Then I'll have them work on a couple of pages to make sure they know when to use each word.

This product focuses on usage more than spelling (although they have to write the words, so they do have to spell them correctly--but it doesn't focus on spelling strategies, rather it focuses on word meaning). My kids think it's a fun break! There are samples on this page.

Merry :-)

It's not scheduled in. AAH is recommended with Level 3, because that's the level where homophones are introduced. AAS contains the most common homophones, but for extra work on them, many additional homophones covered, and for games (plus my favorite--independent worksheets!!), AAH is a great product. I tend to focus on the worksheets since my kids are older and I just want to cover the bases. I use these on a day when I don't think I'll have time to get to AAS--usually once every couple of weeks. Then I'll have them work on a couple of pages to make sure they know when to use each word.

This product focuses on usage more than spelling (although they have to write the words, so they do have to spell them correctly--but it doesn't focus on spelling strategies, rather it focuses on word meaning). My kids think it's a fun break! There are samples on this page.

Merry :-)

Thanks! We'll be using AAS 3 in the fall. Good to know how/why to use AAH.