Menu

Reading Reflex Spelling: Who posted the spelling program via the old board (2003)

Whoever you are, I wish I could hug you.

I sent my kids to Catholic Schools a few years ago (after 15 years of homeschooling). I taught 5 of my 8 children to read using RR and they are all testing high in reading. However, my 2nd grader, whom the school is teaching to read, is struggling, so I pulled him out of school. (also pulled the kindergartner)

We will be starting RR right from the beginning. I found the spelling program that someone here developed and so generously shared on the old WTM General Board.

I can't tell this person how grateful I am to them for being so generous to let us have access to this nicely organized spelling program!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have the link or download of this? Camy posted two separate threads about this , but never linked, and "the old board of 2003" I cannot find, am I missing something?

The old boards are gone. These boards are from Jan-2008 onwards.

But...

For every sound combination/principle, there was a spelling list

this sounds similar to How To Teach Spelling. You can look at samples of this book on CBD.

You know, when I bought my copy of RR used from another homeschooling mother, she included a comb bound list of words or something that I never paid much attention to. The heading of the document reads:

Phono-Graphix Word Lists

for use with Reading Reflex

Copyright Read America, 1999

It is 16 p long and in the font and style of most of the lists. Is there something like this in the book somewhere??

• 1 month later...

Can you share this previously posted organized spelling program?

I am starting reading reflex.  I used a portion of spell to write and read with my older children.  They learned the rules and used the Wise Guide to Spelling.  The system did not work for us.  I have attempted to implement the entire system and it is extremely difficult.  The teacher prep is difficult.  

My son, who is 13, appears to be dyslexic.  He reads at a grade level of 4.5 to 5.0.  His spelling is at a similar level. 

I want a program which encourages him and equips him to improve his spelling and reading levels.

Whoever you are, I wish I could hug you.

I sent my kids to Catholic Schools a few years ago (after 15 years of homeschooling). I taught 5 of my 8 children to read using RR and they are all testing high in reading. However, my 2nd grader, whom the school is teaching to read, is struggling, so I pulled him out of school. (also pulled the kindergartner)

We will be starting RR right from the beginning. I found the spelling program that someone here developed and so generously shared on the old WTM General Board.

I can't tell this person how grateful I am to them for being so generous to let us have access to this nicely organized spelling program!