Menu

ok... I need to pick my son's math program for next year.. SM or CLE

NikkiMarieLG

This year I started with RS and he loved it but I panicked around December that he was not moving fast enough and switched to CLE. I supplement with MM. Now I am in a tizzy that I am doing him a disservice regarding his mental math progress. I could care less if a program is religious or not as long as he is not being held back and I am able to teach him. The boy carries around a calculator for fun in case he thinks up a multiplication problem he might want to know... he is 7. And I ave not even LOOKED at SM but from what I'm reading maybe I should. I am a but overwhelmed!:confused:

If CLE is working for him, just use the MM mental math pages to work that in. It's very similar to the mental math used in Singapore.

:iagree:It is so hard to find a math program that works for each individual child. If you found it, don't switch!

Singapore Challenging Word Problems is an inexpensive book that doesn't take much time, if you want to include more mental and challenging problems. I am not familiar with MM, but perhaps that is already filling in just fine!

:iagree:It is so hard to find a math program that works for each individual child. If you found it, don't switch!

:iagree: I did this far too much with my olders and are reaping the whirlwind now.