Menu

The Teacher's Lounge 2-16-2012

Now I know what was wrong with my day - no teacher's lounge!

What did you have for breakfast? lunch?

What are you doing today?

This next question is motivated by the fact that despite my kids being pretty good lately, I am totally over my limit for being with them.

How do you carve out kid-free times in your life?

My answers:

Breakfast was two waffles, p.b., maple syrup, water.

Lunch will be a salad with some sort of protein - beans I think.

Normal stuff (school and cleaning). I will also be going through dd10's shirts in preparation for a shopping trip on the weekend. But first I have to see what she actually has since I have a strong suspicion that "I have nothing to wear" is an over exaggeration.

This next question is motivated by the fact that despite my kids being pretty good lately, I am totally over my limit for being with them.

How do you carve out kid-free times in your life? I don't know. That's why I'm asking!:D About twice a year dh and I drop the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's house while we go out on a date night. Grandma has ill health so even though my kids are older and fairly easy to entertain, we don't do it more often. Otherwise, I try to shoo them outside to play or put in a video to keep them busy when I just can't stand it any more.

Now I know what was wrong with my day - no teacher's lounge!

Breakfast was eggs with cheddar cheese, toast, oranges and milk for the kids. They were hungry 55 minutes later. :001_huh: It was eggs with cheddar for me.

Lunch will be healthy-ish hot dogs, fruit and salad

Today, we are schooling. No errands, no outside commitments today. I am going to get in a workout, if it's the last thing I do!

Carving out kid-free time in a constant struggle for me. My (47 yr old) husband works six days/week 10 hours/day doing heavy, hard, exhausting construction work. He's wasted every night. On Sundays, we are busy with church. When I want time alone, I send the kids outside to play or let them play games on the computer. There isn't anyone close to me who would watch my kids for me. If I have a medical appointment, dh has to take the time off work to care for our kids.

What did you have for breakfast? lunch? Breakfast with toast with grape jelly. No idea for lunch - I will be out running errands.

What are you doing today? Mailing books I sold online at the post office, followed by an afternoon at the library used book store downtown. Oh and lots of bus rides - I use city bus to get around.

How do you carve out kid-free times in your life? Leave. LOL. My Mom lives with us, and she understands sometimes I just need to get out {like today} and she watches DD for me.

What did you have for breakfast? lunch? Breakfast: sausage, egg and cheese breakfast taco and green tea. Lunch: bean and cheese taco, sunflower seeds and raisins.

What are you doing today? Working, as usual. Have to do school today when I get home. I was too tired to do it yesterday, so I let DD play instead. I need to wash the dog. He stinks.

How do you carve out kid-free times in your life? Drop the kid with my mom. She lives with us. :D We go out on dates about once a month, and occasionally to the grocery store or something, alone. Sometimes I just tell DD to play in her room or set her up with a movie or let her play a game, or go over to a neighbors house to see if she can play.

breakfast for me was yogurt with flax and berries. One dd had gf waffles with meatless sausage patties. The other had a gf donut with meatless sausages. Lunch will be turkey sandwhiches for the girls and pb& apples for me.

Today is school & work, a playdate and judo with Laundry and cleaning and cooking too.

Kid-free time? :lol: I take an hour twice a week at cello, an hour twice a week at dance and an hour once a week at judo. During this time I either talk with other parents or sit with my kindle in my own tiny, quiet world. Other than that, I get up an hour or more before my kids, and I reguarly read for hours in bed at night instead of sleeping. It is better for my mental state to read than sleep :D