Menu

Notebooking Pages.com - is it worth it?

SewingMom2many

I keep going back to look at NotebookingPages.com. It looks neat to have access to all the pages to print out but yow... $75?? That seems really expensive for something I could make myself without too much trouble and something that isn't really necessary. It's just lined paper with boxes to for the kids to draw or glue a picture into and a graphic of some sort on the page, right? Am I missing something here? Has anyone purchased this and is it more than what I'm thinking?

I have the Mom's Binder pages from Debra which cost $15 and I enjoy using those so I keep thinking maybe there is something more to Notebooking Pages. I know I could pay for the sets separately but those are pretty expensive too and once I buy several of those I might as well get the full access. I just can't see spending $75 though - maybe there is a coupon code I haven't found :)

been wondering the same thing-I've gotten alot of their freebie items....just not sure about shelling out that $75....wish I could figure out a way to make my own "how I want them" .....:glare:

I was going to try making my own using MS Publisher. I'm just not sure how to add in the handwriting lines but I figure it can't be too hard since lots of other people do it. I bet you could use MS Word if you don't have Publisher but I always find adding pictures in Word to be a little fiddly because they never stay where I put them.

I have a subscription because she usually has a sale in the summer time- maybe $45?? Can't remember, but I do refer to it, but have not used it as much as I'd like too- not that it's not good but as a first time home schooler I think I set myself up to do too much- like adding notebooking. I think it's worth it if you don't have the time to make up all that stuff (it really is A LOT!) and if you are already consistent about notebooking!:001_smile:

I think it depends on how much you use notebooking in your homeschool. You can make your own, but it does take up some of your prep time. If you're using them for several subjects, multiple times a week, I think it might be worth the prep time saved. I think as a child I would have loved a thoroughly notebooking education. It's just my luck, though, to have produced two children with documented learning disabilities in written expression. So we do a lot of our "written" work orally, and a lot of it typed instead of handwritten, which doesn't play nicely with pre-made notebook pages with lines on them. So for someone like us it would not be a worthwhile investment. There are probably some other learning situations (or just personal preference) that would make a subscription less than useful as well. But if I had a student who loved to do written narrations and reports I would think a subscription could be very useful.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to give a quick update; I did notice she states that once you have a subscription you can access it after your subscription expires. So- whatever she had available up to the end of your time you will be able to access it- so for me I may not renew but I can still log in and use everything - except for what she produces after my sub. expires. Hope that makes sense...:)

I haven't purchased it yet (and haven't decided yet whether I will), but you can get it for cheaper than $75. I signed up to receive emails and freebies, and I was sent a coupon code to purchase the whole treasury for somewhere around $50. I still can't decide if its worth it, though! We like notebooking, but I really dislike binders (so bulky, so annoying to open/close, etc.), so I'm trying to find our perfect method here.

I also use Publisher to make my notebook pages. To add handwriting lines I just copy the handwriting lines from another document and then paste. It is very easy. The most important thing to remember is to make sure you are copying from the "start" of the lines--the first time I didn't pay attention and had dotted lines as the top line. . .

Once I make a page that I know I will use again (like for music composers) I save it as a template. Then it is easy to change as necessary (so prep time is kept to a minimum--just add composer's name, maybe a picture). This way prep time is kept to a minimum.

I think if you do NOT make your own pages you'll enjoy it. I'm so-so with my subscription. I ordered it last year when I was taking a break from all creative endeavours in regards to school. I needed a mental break.

However, while some of the pages are NICE, others are so-so. BUT, here's the deal. If you fork out for a subscription you have an entire year to download EVERYTHING and it's yours to keep. :D That's kinda cool. But, you could also keep an eye over on Currclick for specials.

Also, depending on what you're looking for you might find it free. Having said all that, if you're looking for a large variety of notebooking pages that you do NOT want to create yourself go for it! :D