Menu

Could I be pregnant??

Here is the deal. I am 43 and DH had a vasectomy 4 years ago. My period is late and I have never been late. He never went back for a check either:glare:. I took a test and there is a very faint line. I don't know what an evap line looks like so I can't tell if that is what it could be. I mean seriously? Could his pipes have found a way to reconnect????:confused:

Here is the deal. I am 43 and DH had a vasectomy 4 years ago. My period is late and I have never been late. He never went back for a check either:glare:. I took a test and there is a very faint line. I don't know what an evap line looks like so I can't tell if that is what it could be. I mean seriously? Could his pipes have found a way to reconnect????:confused:

Yep.....I know of an awesome story where a mom gave birth to a full term baby and didn't know she was pregnant...never entered her mind since her dh had the V 9 years earlier.

It happens. However, what also happens is by 43 your cycles get wacked and all kinds of weird things happen.

:svengo:

Do you have another test? I'm anxious to hear the results of a second test!

Edited by Random
I was way too crude.

Yep.....I know of an awesome story where a mom gave birth to a full term baby and didn't know she was pregnant...never entered her mind since her dh had the V 9 years earlier.

It happens. However, what also happens is by 43 your cycles get wacked and all kinds of weird things happen.

Oh my goodness. Dh never went back for his check. If you'd seen the length of tube they cut out you'd assume there was no way those two pieces would ever find their way back together. ...you all are making me nervous now.

OP, take another test...and another and then go to the doc and let them test. I hope that you are happy with whatever the results end up being.:grouphug:

I don't know what an evap line looks like so I can't tell if that is what it could be. I mean seriously? Could his pipes have found a way to reconnect????:confused:

yes, they can reconnect. test again in a few days if your cycle hasn't started. perimenopause can also make you skip cycles.

eta: tests vary in sensitivity. also, first morning sample has more HCg (if you're pregnant) than later in the day.

Meet my youngest. DH didn't go back for his check either. I am honestly so glad he didn't because I can not imagine our family complete without her, but it was definitely a shock at the time.

Edited: Sorry that pic is huge! I tried resizing to no avail. :P

OMGoodness! She is a cutie! (Remind me when the time comes for my dh to get a v that I should try to make him miss that recheck!)

404283_3011129885215_1471543822_3080522_1933944274_n.jpg

Meet my youngest. DH didn't go back for his check either. I am honestly so glad he didn't because I can not imagine our family complete without her, but it was definitely a shock at the time.

Edited: Sorry that pic is huge! I tried resizing to no avail. :P

Oh my word. She is adorable!!!!!

How long after taking the test did you see the line? Was it a straight line? Was there a second line (check line)? I would take a second test, different brand and first thing in the morning. You could either be pregnant or starting to go through menopause in either case you should let us know right away.

Fhjmom, what a precious little girl. I am glad your dh's vasectomy didn't work!

As far as the faint line, yes you can have a faint and accurate positive pregnancy test.

OMGoodness! She is a cutie! (Remind me when the time comes for my dh to get a v that I should try to make him miss that recheck!)

Oh my word. She is adorable!!!!!

:D Thanks! I kinda think so but I will admit I am pretty biased. I thought posting a picture might make it a little easier if you think what the outcome could possibly be.

How long after taking the test did you see the line? Was it a straight line? Was there a second line (check line)? I would take a second test, different brand and first thing in the morning. You could either be pregnant or starting to go through menopause in either case you should let us know right away.

:iagree::lurk5:

I'm 7 mths pregnant with our second surprise (no, DH has not had a vasectomy, but he plans to soon. Sounds like he'll definitely need to go to the check-up after the procedure!)

OP, I hope everything turns out the way you want. :grouphug:

Ok I bought a digital last night and it said NOT. I guess I will just have to wait until my period finally shows up. Maybe this is the beginning of menopause? Who knows. All I know is that I was not looking forward to trying to find a vehicle that could house 9 of us:tongue_smilie:. I am always happy to be pregnant so I was fine with either answer.

Ok I bought a digital last night and it said NOT. I guess I will just have to wait until my period finally shows up. Maybe this is the beginning of menopause? Who knows. All I know is that I was not looking forward to trying to find a vehicle that could house 9 of us:tongue_smilie:. I am always happy to be pregnant so I was fine with either answer.

Aww, I'm sorry. But I'll echo some others about the possibility your cycle could be changing. I had a regular 29 day cycle for years. Sometime last year, my cycle changed. For several months it vacillated between 28 and 35, but now it's from 32 to 35 days. I'm 44 years old.

FWIW, I had lots of those moments last year when I didn't realize my cycle was slowly changing. Only I didn't buy the tests because I was too scared to see a negative. My DH's vasectomy was over 10 years ago and I spent nearly all that time wishing it would fail. After my cycle went wacky, I finally gave it up.

Aww, I'm sorry. But I'll echo some others about the possibility your cycle could be changing. I had a regular 29 day cycle for years. Sometime last year, my cycle changed. For several months it vacillated between 28 and 35, but now it's from 32 to 35 days. I'm 44 years old.

FWIW, I had lots of those moments last year when I didn't realize my cycle was slowly changing. Only I didn't buy the tests because I was too scared to see a negative. My DH's vasectomy was over 10 years ago and I spent nearly all that time wishing it would fail. After my cycle went wacky, I finally gave it up.

Oh no-it's ok. Like I said, I am 43. I am THIS close to being done with diapers after a 16 1/2 year run. Doesn't hurt my feelings that my period doesn't want to visit for longer spans. :D