Menu

Well Planned Day releasing planning software...

That would be a deal-breaker for me. Surely in the age of iphone/ipad dominance there will be mac compatibility!

I am going to contact them requesting this, just in case. :D

ETA: Done! I wrote asking about Mac, and will update here when I get a response.

Edited by happygrrl

I just received this response from customer service:

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for your interested in our highly anticipated software planner. Good news!! It can be used with any device that supports internet use as the planner is online!! There is no system requirements necessary to use the planner.

From my understanding, you can customize this planner- put your own subject headings, etc.

Here are the few of the things it can do:

Plan assignments for as many children as you like

Let older children access their assignments using their mobile devices

Create a library system—track what you have, what you want, and what you loan

Track grades and create high school transcripts

Access your shopping list while you're at the store

Create chore charts for your kids to check off when complete

Move assignments to another day if you are sick or enjoy an unexpected field trip

Allow tutors to login and record grades and assignments

Track project progress and receive reminders

Enjoy cloud environment and a completely mobile software

Upload documents, photos, and video for school assignments or family albums

Sync with Google Calendar, Facebook, and Twitter, keeping your family on the same page

We do expect to release it end of March- there are still a few final details being tweaked. There will be an annual price for this software as well.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Blessings,

Jennifer

Jennifer Kerr

Customer Service

At first I was not sure about the annual pricing (I am an old fogey when it comes to tech!). Then I rationalized that (a) I am already sending the $50 a year for paper planners and (b) I am tired of buying software that can then never be updated. The world is moving towards annual-pay cloud storage, so why not.

My only desire is that I could save (to hard drive) the used planner pages and grade book pages, as I use them as a record of what we have done.

I am intrigued! The price point will be the determining factor.

• 2 weeks later...
:iagree:

I hope they don't wait until the end of the month! I've been searching for homeschool planning software that I can use with my Mac, so I'm really excited about this!

Me too! I keep checking every day; it's getting ridiculous! :D

I am thinking a lot about being able to keep everyone on the same calendar, similar to how the cozi app works, but integrated with the lessons plans. I would love having one program to do all those things! I am really curious to see the features... and the price!

I"m excited, too! I've got an email inquiry into them - if I find out anything about price, or the ability for a trial period, I'll let you know.

I love my paper planner, and may still go with that, but I HATE writing in repeating lessons. Hoping the planning software may be a good answer. . .

Just got an email from the Well-Planned Day folks, and this is the best info I've got:

First, it will be available for purchase at the end of March.

Second, they are sending out an email for people on their list on March 12th, that will have information about pricing and if there is a "try-before-you-buy" option. (I asked specifically, and the best I got was a "wait for the newsletter" reply.:tongue_smilie: Oh, well)

I'm hoping to figure out if it will work for me before the pre-release sale is over - kwim?

Just got an email from the Well-Planned Day folks, and this is the best info I've got:

First, it will be available for purchase at the end of March.

Second, they are sending out an email for people on their list on March 12th, that will have information about pricing and if there is a "try-before-you-buy" option. (I asked specifically, and the best I got was a "wait for the newsletter" reply.:tongue_smilie: Oh, well)

I'm hoping to figure out if it will work for me before the pre-release sale is over - kwim?

Thanks for posting this! Having a date will hopefully keep me from hounding the site so much :D. I too want to figure out before the sale ends; I usually get 4 planners, and that is quite a chunk of change! Any discount helps!

This looks really awesome - I have always drooled over their paper organizers but I knew I wouldnt take the time to write everything down - I do it all on the computer - edutrack which I am really tired of...

I am REALLY intrigued by this on-line version and, personally, I LOVE things going to the cloud. I have lost too many files over the years to "computer booboos"