Menu

Mommy brain...

I was on the phone with my sister this morning, and said something about turning 35 this year. She responded: "You're not turning 35! You're only 33." I was sure I was 34 turning 35, but I did the calculation--I was born in 1978, it's now 2012--yep, I'm turning 34 this year. When did I get off???

I think dementia is setting in...:001_unsure:

I thought I was 33 for a good 6 months of the year I was 32. I also had DS's birthday off by a day during that time and I'm pretty sure I filled out several forms with the incorrect date. His is on the 7th and I thought it was the 8th - now my other DS was born on the 6th of another month, which only adds to this confusion lol.

I was on the phone with my sister this morning, and said something about turning 35 this year. She responded: "You're not turning 35! You're only 33." I was sure I was 34 turning 35, but I did the calculation--I was born in 1978, it's now 2012--yep, I'm turning 34 this year. When did I get off???

I was born in 1978, too. Ever since the 30's hit I've had a really hard time remembering which 30 I am. I think think I might just go back to being 29 for a while. ;)

Now I really feel old. I graduated high school in 1978. :lol:

I've never forgotten my age but plenty of other things. When I'm talking to someone and can't remember a detail, I just say: excuse me I just had a brain fart.

I can't ever remember how old I am and I'm only 27. I feel like I ought to be 23 at the oldest. I can't remember anything, for that matter. The incident with the green beans and butter proves that. I will join you all on the dementia bench and be glad I'm not alone (bc I was seriously concerned that I was in fact losing my mind)

:lol: Seriously dh did the same thing!! When he was turning 34 he thought he was turning 35!! He is a year older than you born in 1977. Maybe its the age? I am going to tell him he is not alone though. We still tease him about it though ;)

:lol: Seriously dh did the same thing!! When he was turning 34 he thought he was turning 35!! He is a year older than you born in 1977. Maybe its the age? I am going to tell him he is not alone though. We still tease him about it though ;)

Glad to know I'm not the only one. And I'm hearing on this thread that age amnesia in the 30's may be more common than not! Maybe I need to tattoo it on my palm or something...

For some reason I keep thinking that my hubby's birth year is mine. I can't tell you how many times people have asked my birth year (drs., for prescriptions, DLs, etc.) and I have given them the wrong one and they asked me again with the tone that they are questioning my sanity and I will give them the wrong one again and then they ask how old I am and I say I don't know. Then I start to figure it out and realize that can't be right because I am not over 50 yet. And I really do worry because my mom had early onset Alzheimers.