Menu

Free Spelling Rules worksheets

ThreeBlessings

I've completed four weeks of our new Spelling worksheets so far and wanted to share. Feel free to print for personal use and point others to the link, but please respect copyright as these were created by me. :) There is a student workbook and a necessary teacher guide. Both are pdfs. Enjoy! I'll post the next two weeks after I finish them if anyone is interested.

I'd be happy to hear any feedback or ideas for improvement. If you find any mistakes please be kind and let me know.

Oh my goodness, thank you for your time and effort!

A spelling program just hasn't made it into the budget yet and I must have been doing Webster's Speller at too slow a pace because my daughter would just roll her eyes and sigh at me all the time. I was having a hard time placing her. The cheapo store workbooks were all fluffy color pictures and sight word memorization. But this looks like a great fit for her and me (never taught spelling rules).

Thanks again!

They look good. Thank you more for the link to the original spelling book, though, and pointing out the section on spelling rules.

You're quite welcome! I really fell in love with the way Spelling is presented as manipulating the words in this book. I wanted to build on it and use it as a base. You really get to use the rules like this, yk?

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to fix a few things. :) Here's five weeks worth, student book and teacher book. Let me know if you see any mistakes anyone, please. For the most part the words are correct in the vintage book, but I've had a lesson or two that it took me a few times rereading it before I caught a word misspelled or that I wouldn't have used to show a certain rule. Anyway, it has been harder than I thought it would be and I jumped the gun a bit on sharing in my enthusiasm! :tongue_smilie:I should edit more carefully in the future before sharing. That said, hopefully all is right now.

Edited by ThreeBlessings

Sorry about that, I can no longer edit my original post to update the links there. Here are the links again for five weeks worth, student book and teacher book. The teacher book is necessary to implement the student workbook.

Thanks everyone for cheering me on. :) It will probably take a while to complete. The vintage book isn't 100% accurate, but very close, so I've learned I need to be very careful with redoing the exercises and double checking all the rules. It is taking far more time to edit and check for accuracy than it is to make the actual worksheets, lol. I'm enjoying it though. While I'm using the vintage book as a base, I am adding rules, exercises, and review.

Just a warning if anyone wants to use the lessons straight from the vintage book, preview the lessons before you use them. As I said, it is for the most part correct and usable but there are things here and there which are not modern and up to date with common American spelling.

Edited by ThreeBlessings

I updated the pdf files to the teacher book to correct a couple errors. I wanted to let everyone know so they can update their download, or make note on their teacher's pages if they are printed. On teacher page 4 the word revise(revisal) was used twice. Teacher page 20-22 was mislabeled on top as Teacher page for student page 19, 20, 21. Each teacher page, shown on bottom, coincides with the same number student page. These errors are corrected in the new pdf. :) Also I started a blog. The pdfs are available there as well and I will post about my progress periodically.

I get: Sorry, we are unable to retrieve the document for viewing or you don't have permission to view the document.

:(

Please, can you email it to me?

(As an ESL speaker, I'm desperate!)

Try the link in my post #43, it should work just fine. :) If you are still having trouble let me know.

• 3 months later...