Menu

Anyone watching the Grammy Awards?

My husband hasn't listened to new music in decades but Adele came on and he woke right up. She is amazing.

And wow, Jennifer Hudson blew me away as well. Loved Taylor Swift, Paul McCartney and Glenn Campbell. Liked the Beach Boys too.

Wasn't interested in the rest of them. Flipped back to the dog show while they were on.

I'm not really sure what it was supposed to be- maybe?

There was a priest and there were altar boys in compromising situations. I'm still unsure of what I witnessed! My street cred is shot!

Sadly, for the "artist," I wasn't offended, as it way too bad and it made me pity her. The crowd seemed to be shocked and unsure of how to respond. It was fairly quiet and they pulled away from her, quickly.

Adele. I love her sumthin fierce. :001_smile:

:iagree::iagree:We were out all day and so we set it to record. We're watching it right now. We watched the 60 minutes interview with Adele before we started the Grammy's. I absolutely adore Adele! I wish I could be her bestie! She looks like she would be so much fun! And I love her Norf London accent. :p Too cute! :D

:iagree::iagree:We were out all day and so we set it to record. We're watching it right now. We watched the 60 minutes interview with Adele before we started the Grammy's. I absolutely adore Adele! I wish I could be her bestie! She looks like she would be so much fun! And I love her Norf London accent. :p Too cute! :D

If I hadn't been crazy about her before the remark about 'having a bit of snot' just slayed me! She's great. I hate I missed the 60 minutes piece on her.

I'm not really sure what it was supposed to be- maybe?

There was a priest and there were altar boys in compromising situations. I'm still unsure of what I witnessed! My street cred is shot!

Sadly, for the "artist," I wasn't offended, as it way too bad and it made me pity her. The crowd seemed to be shocked and unsure of how to respond. It was fairly quiet and they pulled away from her, quickly.

I've never heard of her. I was curious so I checked youtube. It's there. Umm.............ew. :ack2: How is she even popular?? The song (and her singing) was simply awful. I'm not Catholic, but if I were.....I think I'd be offended. According to the video on youtube, afterwards the audience seemed to be wild about it; with great applause and cheering. :001_huh: I for one have no interest in ever seeing or hearing her again.

The favorite moment at my house was the Chipotle commercial with Willie Nelson singing a Cold Play song. It. Was. Awesome. and moving. We all decided we love the Civil Wars now. The tribute to Etta James was AWESOME. Jennifer Hudson can't do anything except be awesome. Oh, I went to bed early so I missed Nikki Minage so I'm going to have to look it up on You Tube. I like her music and have it on my iPod for running. Not completely shocked someone did something distasteful on the show, though. ;)

The favorite moment at my house was the Chipotle commercial with Willie Nelson singing a Cold Play song. It. Was. Awesome. and moving. We all decided we love the Civil Wars now. The tribute to Etta James was AWESOME. Jennifer Hudson can't do anything except be awesome. Oh, I went to bed early so I missed Nikki Minage so I'm going to have to look it up on You Tube. I like her music and have it on my iPod for running. Not completely shocked someone did something distasteful on the show, though. ;)[/quote

DH has a way of finding great music before it's famous. A while back, he was raving about the Civil Wars, I had no idea what he was talking about:tongue_smilie:

Then last May a friend bought us tickets to their show for DH's birthday---they were amazing. They have great voices but their chemistry live is just unbelievable! I love every song they have out right now, but my favorite is their cover of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean".

Great duo!!

Love Adele too, and they headlined for her once, that would have been an amazing show.

What was that supposed to be?

Outrageous!

:iagree:

Bizarre. We saw it on TV and thought she was manifesting... :001_huh:. Saw her at the pre-show on E! and I died laughing with her costume and hood. Cannot wait for Joan Rivers & the Fashion Police to have fun with this one. :D

It was the first time I heard Adele - amazing.

I never heard of Adele until recently.

A friend shared this video of a father & daughter singing her song on YouTube:

I loved it. :D

I then googled who Adele was and loved her original version. Months later saw her on the Grammys. Wow!

Is it true that 'Who is Paul McCartney?' was a trending topic on Twitter last night or is that - I really hope - an urban legend?

I mean, Sir Paul!

That would be crazy! I do NOT like his new song (I hope the commercials for it will stop after Valentine's Day), but how can you not know who he is?!

To be fair, Nicki Minaj's act didn't come on until after 11 pm. I didn't find it offensive, but not terribly interesting either.

OK, her outfit and "the Pope"--has anyone seen the movie Mister Lonely? I thought maybe she was going to do something along those lines. :lol: It would have been better, I'm sure.

I just discovered them today and have been listening to them on Spotify. I have a new music crush!

They are a GREAT live show. Fantastic chemistry. If they come to town...GO!

Joy Williams just announced she's expecting in June. :)

Did you know that Adele came on the scene touring with them as their opening act? Pretty cool!

Their new opening act is a trio of sisters, The Staves. Oh my! BEAUTIFUL harmony. :)

That would be crazy! I do NOT like his new song (I hope the commercials for it will stop after Valentine's Day), but how can you not know who he is?!

To be fair, Nicki Minaj's act didn't come on until after 11 pm. I didn't find it offensive, but not terribly interesting either.

OK, her outfit and "the Pope"--has anyone seen the movie Mister Lonely? I thought maybe she was going to do something along those lines. :lol: It would have been better, I'm sure.

I didn't find it offensive either - just odd... I think they get too into making a show instead of singing the song.

I don't like Sir Paul's new song either.