Menu

Attitude Problem.

Guest OldTeacher

Guest OldTeacher

:seeya: I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for ideas on getting a solution to attitude problems inregards to schooling.

This is my last child to finish off with homeschooling. He has an attitude problem.

He just doesn't want to do schoolwork.....PERIOD.

I've tried this and that and this and that, I've tried this curriculum and that curriculum, until I'm blue in the face and actually contemplating throwing in the towel on the whole thing.

He seems to think that an hour of a subject is school.

I also need to mention that I am a real softie :blushing:.

Perhaps I should mention that he is thirteen. And, no, this is not a "teenage" problem. He's always been a tough one to school. He makes the grades, but just doesn't put in any effort or and extra effort.

Got any thoughts?

I have to make my 13yo boy a very specific checklist. Everything on the list has to be completed to my satisfaction for school to be done. He can work hard and be done by 1:00, or he can drag along and finish by bedtime. :001_smile: he finally realized that dawdling would not get him the, "okay, just be done" that he wanted and has actually started buckling down.

This has mostly worked, but just last week I had to threaten to call his dad to come get him. He knew that would not end well, so got to work. That is just a difficult age.