Menu

Anybody order from horriblebooks.com?

Lol, I think I posted the same question a year ago.

Yes, you email him and tell him what you want. He contacts you to confirm, sends you a bill etc and tells you when it is in the mail. Then when it arrives you send him a cheque.

Now, I don't trust my own memory so I put that darn cheque in the mail as soon as he told me he sent the package. I am BAD about such things. I didn't want to mess it up.

He is very nice and even sent some extra Spanish books for my kids to look at.

Lol, I think I posted the same question a year ago.

Yes, you email him and tell him what you want. He contacts you to confirm, sends you a bill etc and tells you when it is in the mail. Then when it arrives you send him a cheque.

Now, I don't trust my own memory so I put that darn cheque in the mail as soon as he told me he sent the package. I am BAD about such things. I didn't want to mess it up.

He is very nice and even sent some extra Spanish books for my kids to look at.

Yep, he was super nice. I got the Galore Park Latin books but I don't even remember if we used them or not. :tongue_smilie:

I always send the check off as soon as he emails me the total amount due. He is a super nice guy. I've bought from him quite a few times.

Thank you so much for your feedback! It sounds like it is safe enough to order. I want to get in on his February order, so I appreciate the prompt respsonses. Thanks!

I've made many orders, and they've all gone beautifully. He is lovely to work with. I've probably bought 15-20 items over 4-6 purchases, at least $600 or more, and never had a single complaint. He strikes me as a responsible, responsive small business owner -- providing good services, good products, and fair pricing. Just the kind of person I love to give business to.

I've made many orders, and they've all gone beautifully. He is lovely to work with. I've probably bought 15-20 items over 4-6 purchases, at least $600 or more, and never had a single complaint. He strikes me as a responsible, responsive small business owner -- providing good services, good products, and fair pricing. Just the kind of person I love to give business to.

Well, I appreciate all the good reviews, and I will definitely give him my business. Thank you!

Yes! I have ordered from him for years now and he has the best customer service. He will confirm you order and let you know how much. I usually send the check right away and I have used my credit/debit card with him as well but I am not sure if he still accepts them. In the many years that I have ordered from him I believe that he accidently sent me the wrong books twice. Both times he paid me to return the wrong ones, shipped the right ones free of charge and threw in a couple shiny, new $1 gold coins and a free copy of a Horrible History. I love Ray and order from him everytime I get a chance. I would absolutely recommend him unconditionally.

Horrible Ray is great. I have only ordered once so far, but I plan on another big order soon. I wanted some things not on his site, we e-mailed back and forth and he managed to get a few of the extras that I wanted. He is really easy to work with.

Horrible Ray has been a vendor at the HSC conference here in California, so my friend has met him. Super nice guy. Yes, he's a real person, lives in San Diego, I think. Excellent service on all orders. I've also ordered dozens of books from him -- Galore Park Latin, Murderous Maths, etc. Buy with confidence! :)

I generally buy my Galore Park materials from Book Depository (.co.uk -- sometimes you end up at the .com site and have to re-enter .co.uk), which has free shipping worldwide.

Ray has free shipping to plus a decent exchange rate and 20 % off. I have never used the Book Depository so I don't know how it compares.

Ray has free shipping to plus a decent exchange rate and 20 % off. I have never used the Book Depository so I don't know how it compares.

I've used both. Ray is generally fine, but friends and I have also had order mix-ups with him, and it can take a *while* to straighten out. I've used Book Depository regularly for the last several years. Items arrive in individual envelopes 5-10 business days after ordering.