Menu

Saxon Math Teacher CD-ROMs

Classically Minded

I normally don't participate on the forum but here's my take on it. It's not worth it. My third grader is using the 5/4 right now but I won't be ordering it for 6/5. Son said he can read the book and comprehend it. The teacher CD is redundant.

Edited by avonlea

Hi,

I am currently using 5/4. I don't have any real dislikes....ok well, I would probably like it more if the narrator provided more examples and explanations for each problem. She just states exactly what is written in the book....exactly. I first allow my son to watch the lesson and then we go over the lesson in the book. I provide additional examples. Then he does the problems. I don't regret buying them because it's just another teaching resource.

I didn't like the DIVE CDs, but I like the Saxon CDs. I have one son using the 6/5 and another using the 5/4. I've found that the CDs are helpful until around lesson 80-85. After that, the boys have needed me to give them additional help with the new concepts. That's when things seem to get a little more challenging and I have to give them more examples to make sure they are really understanding. I will purchase the next CD to use for next year, since I did find they save me time for the majority of our school year.

I did have another question as to which one - I'm showing there is a teacher cd-rom, then a DIVE cd and then the DVD set. I'm assuming the teacher cd-rom is the one most people get?

I have the "Saxon Teacher" CD. The back of the case says it's the only official video supplement to the Saxon Math Homeschool program. From what I recall, the DIVE CD doesn't have the same lesson practice problems as the Saxon book, but The Saxon Teacher CD does.

I have the "Saxon Teacher" CD. The back of the case says it's the only official video supplement to the Saxon Math Homeschool program. From what I recall, the DIVE CD doesn't have the same lesson practice problems as the Saxon book, but The Saxon Teacher CD does.

That is exactly what I was wondering, thanks so much for the reply!