Menu

Do you ever wonder if *anybody* reads your comments on others' posts?

I've been noticing that a lot (most?) of the time when I comment on someone else's post, I'm the last person to post in the thread, or others post and people respond to their comments while mine just sits there, seemingly unnoticed. To be honest, I begin to feel a little... disheartened?...when I've spent a fair amount of time trying to respond in a way that will really help someone, and no one acknowledges my "words of wisdom". ;) I guess I just want to know that the time I spend responding isn't just wasted time, since it seems that no one reads what I've struggled to say. Ah, don't mind me... I'm just whining because think I'm officially a thread killer. :tongue_smilie:

I know I always feel bad when I don't respond to people personally, or I just pick some posts to respond to. Honestly, I just only have so much time to devote checking stuff online so I have to either not respond or just respond to only a few people. I always hope no one gets offended, but I'm sure it happens. I wouldn't take it personally. It happens to all of us. :)

I like when I post something, no one responds, three pages later someone else says something similar and then there come the "I agree!" posts....

That's my favorite too. Here I am, sharing my profound insights and being ignored, but when someone else says the same thing a page or two later it's like the heavens have opened and the I agree's and amazement at so-and-so's wisdom come pouring down.

But no, I don't pay attention to such petty issues. :lol:

I've been noticing that a lot (most?) of the time when I comment on someone else's post, I'm the last person to post in the thread, or others post and people respond to their comments while mine just sits there, seemingly unnoticed. To be honest, I begin to feel a little... disheartened?...when I've spent a fair amount of time trying to respond in a way that will really help someone, and no one acknowledges my "words of wisdom". ;) I guess I just want to know that the time I spend responding isn't just wasted time, since it seems that no one reads what I've struggled to say. Ah, don't mind me... I'm just whining because think I'm officially a thread killer. :tongue_smilie:

Oh sweetie! OP and anyone else... come with me. I know a place where you can post and be answered. Where thread killers roam free and we all are loved and our posts agreed with. Come my children! Come with me and be FREE!!!! :D

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343592

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/group.php?groupid=11

I don't really expect for my posts to be read all that much due to the fact that I have a low post count even though I have been on here for a year and a half. I rarely do the "I agree" posts. I do read alot without posting. I think it would help if I picked out an avatar by my name because I have noticed with myself that I do remember posts more with people that have an avatar. But that just might be my little quirk. I also think that the general board's pace is much faster. I get more responses to my posts in the high school board versus the general board.

Huh?? What did you say?:D

Just kidding, I am an unabashed thread killer too. Maybe it's my tone:glare:

Anyway, I always read and enjoy your posts, I just don't always comment when someone like you says what I was thinking.....and said it better than I could.

Faithe

I've felt the same way, too...so, at least you're not alone! I lurk far more often than I post, so when I do actually type something, and then get no responses, it's disheartening.

Also, from the few times I've posted, several have been thread killers. In fact, I was a little scared to respond to this thread, because I'm certain that once again, it'll be me! Please, please, someone else make a comment. Don't let me be the last! :D

Yup, but since I talk to myself at home when not talking to the brick walls (I mean the children) I figure it is just par for the course :lol: Every now and then I come up with what I think is a brilliant point, and no one replies to it, and then 2 pages later someone else makes and almost identical comment and suddenly everyone thinks that was the best idea since sliced bread, then yeah those times make me feel a tad invisible. I just have decided to not care. I will keep posting just like I keep talking to myself and the brick walls around here.

I've felt the same way, too...so, at least you're not alone! I lurk far more often than I post, so when I do actually type something, and then get no responses, it's disheartening.

Also, from the few times I've posted, several have been thread killers. In fact, I was a little scared to respond to this thread, because I'm certain that once again, it'll be me! Please, please, someone else make a comment. Don't let me be the last! :D

Saved you! Besides IbbyGirl is the resident thread killer, you can't take her crown ;)

I love your posts. You're always so kind and gentle to others.

I notice, but I might not say anything, because often you've said it more gracefully than I ever could. You rock.

:iagree:

Or worse, when you start a topic, crickets chirp, someone else starts the same topic, and it's 20+ pages long...

Definitely.:D I just started one that I thought would be an interesting conversation that seems to be heading for cricket territory. Sigh. Oh, well. It's amazing how much of a feeling of validation you get when someone notices something you wrote online.

Saved you all! lol I can handle it don't worry. I got all your backs! I think it was Julie Smith (sorry if I got the name wrong) who said I'm not the thread killer I'm actual death! LOL In that light I guess it's my job to ferry these poor threads to the netherworld. :p

Heaven knows somebody has to do it but none of us wanted to be The One, so one day when you weren't online, we all got together and secretly elected you Official Thread Killer.

Probably someone should have told you. (And oops, I'm pretty sure it was supposed to have been me but I was kind of busy reading the WTM Ryan Gosling thread that day and I guess I forgot after I got distracted by Sean Connery in the kilt...)

Anyway, we all know it's a thankless job, and we'd thank you for it but we can't because, well, you know, it's thankless and all. ;)

I know I always feel bad when I don't respond to people personally, or I just pick some posts to respond to. Honestly, I just only have so much time to devote checking stuff online so I have to either not respond or just respond to only a few people. I always hope no one gets offended, but I'm sure it happens. I wouldn't take it personally. It happens to all of us. :)

Thanks! I think I was just being self-absorbed.

Heaven knows somebody has to do it but none of us wanted to be The One, so one day when you weren't online, we all got together and secretly elected you Official Thread Killer.

Probably someone should have told you. (And oops, I'm pretty sure it was supposed to have been me but I was kind of busy reading the WTM Ryan Gosling thread that day and I guess I forgot after I got distracted by Sean Connery in the kilt...)

Anyway, we all know it's a thankless job, and we'd thank you for it but we can't because, well, you know, it's thankless and all. ;)

:lol::lol::lol: No problem. hehehe You crack me up Cat. :p

Oh sweetie! OP and anyone else... come with me. I know a place where you can post and be answered. Where thread killers roam free and we all are loved and our posts agreed with. Come my children! Come with me and be FREE!!!! :D

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343592

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/group.php?groupid=11

Now I feel lots better!

I love your posts. You're always so kind and gentle to others.

I notice, but I might not say anything, because often you've said it more gracefully than I ever could. You rock.

Awwww!!! Thank you!

And thank you ALL for making me feel better. I was going to take the time to respond individually to every single person who posted in this thread, but that's not going to be possible, so here is my great big THANK YOU to everyone who shared kind words with me.

I like when I post something, no one responds, three pages later someone else says something similar and then there come the "I agree!" posts....

That's my favorite too. Here I am, sharing my profound insights and being ignored, but when someone else says the same thing a page or two later it's like the heavens have opened and the I agree's and amazement at so-and-so's wisdom come pouring down.

:iagree:

:D

Awwww!!! Thank you!

And thank you ALL for making me feel better. I was going to take the time to respond individually to every single person who posted in this thread, but that's not going to be possible, so here is my great big THANK YOU to everyone who shared kind words with me.

Awwwww :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: