Menu

Ryan Gosling homeschool thing: Am I the only one who hates it?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you.

Usually, the Ryan Gosling posters make me laugh pretty hard. But when I read the Homeschooler ones, I honestly wondered if they were written by those ignorant anti-homeschool types. They irked me too.

I'm guessing they were written by homeschooling moms who have actually had days like that and want to joke about them. If you're the type of homeschooler who manages to check off every box, every day, I can see how you wouldn't find it funny or even get it. It's probably insulting to be lumped in with us slackers who HAVE occasionally just given up and spent a day online in our pajamas while the kids go feral.

I didn't even know what this was, so I googled it. Meh. It just wasn't that funny to me. I don't really get "Hey Girl..." for everything. I guess that's supposed to be part of it.

But I finally did click on one as my curiosity go the better of me and I laughed so hard. To me it isn't anything about being 100% accurate or saying we do those things. It is an exaggeration of things, a fantasy of sorts that all women have to a degree to have our spouses be the perfect spouse and listen to us ramble on and on (as most of us women tend to be ramblers).

I find the more exaggerated ones the funniest, even though I don't really do those things. It is funny because it pokes fun at the fact that we can get a bit obsessive about things and also because it pokes fun at the fact that juggling all these things we do can be hard at times. I think it is better to laugh and be honest about it, we all struggle at times with getting everything clean, everyone fed and schooled etc- as WTMers all of us also have our hyperfocus moments of studying curriculum, planning etc.

Lastly I think they are funny because they are such crazy things that no one would ever say, which is why to me the more exaggerated ones are the funniest.

You said it well.

Sigh. I miss Sawyer.

:iagree:

I sent the Gosling meme link to DH and asked why he never said things like that to me. His response: "Hey girl. I like it when you send me photos of good looking guys saying things you want to hear. Tells me the kids are enjoying some educational TV programming." I had a good laugh and then promptly closed the laptop, took my shower, and turned off Team Umizoomi for the morning. :D He's a keeper.

:lol::lol::lol: That is HILARIOUS.

I liked Jack a tad bit better, myself, but I miss all of Lost! Pout.

And, no, I'm not offended by the Ryan Gosling homeschool thing.

I'm typically pretty conservative by nature and can sometimes come off as an "old fuddy duddy" to my older kids....

but......I found these Ryan Gosling Homeschooling statements HYSTERICAL !!! :lol::lol::lol:

I emailed them to my older daughter who is now married and has her own family and she also found them so funny. We read them outloud to each other over the phone and picked our favorite ones or the ones that most resonated true with us. It really cracked us up because we did/do have many days like this in regards to homeschooling/family life. Not just now, but back from when I used to homeschool my oldest daughter too, we had many a "hard day". We both agreed that we would love to have some cute guy telling us it is all going to be okay and that he understood. :001_smile:

I thought it was all in light hearted fun, it sure added a HUGE smile to my face :D

But then again.....the kilt pictures also make me giggle so I may just be immature :lol:

Edited by Momma2Many66

I'm guessing they were written by homeschooling moms who have actually had days like that and want to joke about them. If you're the type of homeschooler who manages to check off every box, every day, I can see how you wouldn't find it funny or even get it. It's probably insulting to be lumped in with us slackers who HAVE occasionally just given up and spent a day online in our pajamas while the kids go feral.

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: That is HILARIOUS.

I liked Jack a tad bit better, myself, but I miss all of Lost! Pout.

And, no, I'm not offended by the Ryan Gosling homeschool thing.

Y'all just go right ahead and fight over Jack and Sawyer. That leaves Desmond all to me. I think it was partially the Penelope/Odysseus tie-in. I'm a sucker for a lost Greek hero wandering the seas.