Menu

Beautiful Feet American/World?

Daisy

Do you think it is feasible to have a ten year old boy follow along with Beautiful Feet Early American & World History? I'm thinking of having my rising 8th grader use it and would love to keep us all combined for one more year.

It uses Foster's books and moves at quite a clip.

http://bfbooks.com/E-A-and-World-History-Jr-High-Pack

I realize I'd have to modify the assignments for him.

What do you think?

Daisy -

I'm not much help because I haven't used the program. Would you use these books as read-alouds with your 10yo or would he read them himself? I would think he'd be able to read The Great Little Madison on his own. SL 3 uses Carry on Mr. Bowditch and Johnny Tremain as read-alouds. They are marked as being at a 5th grade and up reading level, but my kids enjoyed them very much as read alouds when they were in 2nd and 4th grade.

SL also uses the Genevieve Foster books in SL 6 and 7, but, again, I will be reading them to my kids. One of the Foster books is listed as a 5th grade and up reading level and the others are all 7th grade and up.

Lisa

Yes, we'd be doing the entire thing as read-alouds and discussion.

It sounds like folks have used those particular books with younger children which is great to know. The guide will primarily be for my daughter, though I hope to pick and choose assignments for my son.

Yes, we'd be doing the entire thing as read-alouds and discussion.

It sounds like folks have used those particular books with younger children which is great to know. The guide will primarily be for my daughter, though I hope to pick and choose assignments for my son.

Ah, well, hopefully someone who has used the program will chime in, but if you are going to be using them as read-alouds, it sounds like that would work out very nicely. There are two books that I am not familiar with, but I know my kids would definitely have enjoyed having me read all the others to them at that age. I can't wait to get started on the Foster books next year myself!

Lisa