Menu

I have this recurring dream.... I think it means....

I have this recurring dream: I am in my house (very tiny) on a bright and sunny day. Suddenly, I notice a door I've never seen before. I open the door and step inside. There is a hallway, lined with doors on one side, and sunny windows on the other. Each door leads to a clean, empty pastel-colored room, in rainbow order -- pink, peach, light yellow, light green, baby blue, lavender. On the other side of the windows (in the hallway), there is a lovely wildflower garden, with hummingbirds and butterflies. When I wake up, my house is the same (small) size. :glare:

I think this dream means: I want to move.

Your turn.

I have this recurring dream: I am in my house (very tiny) on a bright and sunny day. Suddenly, I notice a door I've never seen before. I open the door and step inside. There is a hallway, lined with doors on one side, and sunny windows on the other. Each door leads to a clean, empty pastel-colored room, in rainbow order -- pink, peach, light yellow, light green, baby blue, lavender. On the other side of the windows (in the hallway), there is a lovely wildflower garden, with hummingbirds and butterflies. When I wake up, my house is the same (small) size. :glare:

Your turn.

Maybe it means you've been watching too much of the Home and Garden channel?? ;)

I have a recurring dream that I have to move from this home where we live now into some apartment. It is always the same...I am usually crying as my kids, dh, and I move our things into this small, loud apartment because we were following him to some job. This happened to me in 2001, and I think it is just something I will never forget. I did cry when I left my home (then just divorced from ex husband) and moved into an apartment with windows on only one side (and it was NOT the sunny south side!). It is a haunting dream. I think it means I DON'T want to move. LOL

I have a recurring dream that I have to move from this home where we live now into some apartment. It is always the same...I am usually crying as my kids, dh, and I move our things into this small, loud apartment because we were following him to some job. This happened to me in 2001, and I think it is just something I will never forget. I did cry when I left my home (then just divorced from ex husband) and moved into an apartment with windows on only one side (and it was NOT the sunny south side!). It is a haunting dream. I think it means I DON'T want to move. LOL

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I have a reoccurring dream that I am in a river, jumping from rock to rock trying to get away from the alligators that are trying to eat me. Yes, I have a serious fear of the water and gators here in FL. My husband loves to fish and kayak and has lived here all of his life. I will not go with him. He thinks I am a WIMP!!!! =(

Oooh I've got one for you guys.

I dreamed the other night that I my right shin had an ant hill in it. :eek: It was burning, so I looked down and there was a huge ant mound. In my leg. It was extremely disturbing, and I can't get it out of my mind. What could that possibly mean? :confused:

You know, other than I shouldn't read The Hunger Games right before I go to sleep. :tongue_smilie:

I dreamed the other night that I my right shin had an ant hill in it. :eek: It was burning, so I looked down and there was a huge ant mound. In my leg. It was extremely disturbing, and I can't get it out of my mind. What could that possibly mean? :confused:

You know, other than I shouldn't read The Hunger Games right before I go to sleep. :tongue_smilie:

Are you a descendant or relative of Franz Kafka??

Ick. I have dreams that involve friends in trouble. I am usually able to call and check on them. They usually really are going through hard times and I somehow knew subconciously. Even if I haven't spoken to them in years. A few months ago I had a dream that a friend was lost in a forest and couldn't find his way out. I emailed the next morning and he replied that his flight had been diverted the night before and he got lost in the airport. He was feeling very lost at the time. He was fine though.

Unfortunately, I had a bad dream this week about a friend who cut all of his friends out of his life 20 years. All of us. I have no way of getting ahold of him. It's driving me crazy. I even tried looking up his kids on facebook. The oldest at least would be over 18. No luck. I guess I won't ever know.

Ick. I have dreams that involve friends in trouble. I am usually able to call and check on them. They usually really are going through hard times and I somehow knew subconciously. Even if I haven't spoken to them in years. A few months ago I had a dream that a friend was lost in a forest and couldn't find his way out. I emailed the next morning and he replied that his flight had been diverted the night before and he got lost in the airport. He was feeling very lost at the time. He was fine though.

Unfortunately, I had a bad dream this week about a friend who cut all of his friends out of his life 20 years. All of us. I have no way of getting ahold of him. It's driving me crazy. I even tried looking up his kids on facebook. The oldest at least would be over 18. No luck. I guess I won't ever know.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: You sound like a very empathetic person. :grouphug:

Eww! You haven't been reading Hyperion by Dan Simmons, have you?

I used to have a the same dream for years and years. It was evening, I lived in an apartment and remembered that I hadn't locked the door. I raise my hand to lock the latch and someone starts to break in from the other side. They come in and start stabbing me with a knife.

I've had that dream hundreds of times. I haven't had it since moving to Nova Scotia 2 years ago.

I have a reoccurring dream that I am in a river, jumping from rock to rock trying to get away from the alligators that are trying to eat me. Yes, I have a serious fear of the water and gators here in FL. My husband loves to fish and kayak and has lived here all of his life. I will not go with him. He thinks I am a WIMP!!!! =(

I used to have recurring dreams that alligators were chasing me down. These only happened while we lived in MS. I remember in one dream I had jumped on a bus and was so relieved to have made my getaway. As I sat down on one of the sideways seats (the ones that face the center instead of forward) I turned to look toward the back of the bus. Someone was holding a newspaper and as the newspaper lowered I saw . . . that it was the alligator that had been chasing me!!! :eek:

Yeah, I know, now it sounds like some warped sci-fi horror movie. But I didn't stop having those alligator dreams until we moved to another state.

I used to have a recurring dream of discovering a hidden large storage area, school room, etc. in my house. It always had desks, cabinets, storage, very multi-functional room.

I haven't had the dream yet since we moved into our current house in October, which definitely has plenty of storage and space for all things, school room, sewing room, sun room for hanging out, etc. so I think the dream *meant* that I wasn't happy with the function of our home, that I wanted to be more organized. Which I now am.

Although if I have the dream again now, I'll have no idea what it means!

I used to have recurring dreams that alligators were chasing me down. These only happened while we lived in MS. I remember in one dream I had jumped on a bus and was so relieved to have made my getaway. As I sat down on one of the sideways seats (the ones that face the center instead of forward) I turned to look toward the back of the bus. Someone was holding a newspaper and as the newspaper lowered I saw . . . that it was the alligator that had been chasing me!!! :eek:

Yeah, I know, now it sounds like some warped sci-fi horror movie. But I didn't stop having those alligator dreams until we moved to another state.

I actually DID get chased by an alligator when I was 7 years old! I was too far from shore and it was bearing down on me fast so the closest shelter to me was a cement cubby hole type thing that was on the underside of a concrete bridge. I swam to it and jumped up there as fast as I could just as the gator caught up to me. It couldn't get up to me in the cubby hole so it just sat there in the water for HOURS not 12 inches away from me. I spent the whole day there and into the night. It finally went away and when I was sure it was gone I jumped back into the water and swam for dear life to the shore. My parents were furious when I got home because it was dark already. I told my mom what had happened and she didn't believe me! :001_huh: I actually got spanked for tellin' lies! :glare:

I actually DID get chased by an alligator when I was 7 years old! I was too far from shore and it was bearing down on me fast so the closest shelter to me was a cement cubby hole type thing that was on the underside of a concrete bridge. I swam to it and jumped up there as fast as I could just as the gator caught up to me. It couldn't get up to me in the cubby hole so it just sat there in the water for HOURS not 12 inches away from me. I spent the whole day there and into the night. It finally went away and when I was sure it was gone I jumped back into the water and swam for dear life to the shore. My parents were furious when I got home because it was dark already. I told my mom what had happened and she didn't believe me! :001_huh: I actually got spanked for tellin' lies! :glare:

:svengo::eek: That is so freaky! Why were you out swimming alone?

Your turn.

I have the same kind of dream, except my door leads to a second kitchen and additional common areas. :D

:svengo::eek: That is so freaky! Why were you out swimming alone?

I was always alone when I was a kid. I'm the youngest in my family. My older siblings never wanted to play with me because I was "the baby". Plus it was the 70's. Different time I guess. My mom never supervised me outside when I was that age. She just told me that I had to be home by the time the street lights came on.

Your turn.

I had a similar dream for years. I had it less often after we added on to our living space and it went away completely when we moved to a much larger house.

:eek::eek::eek:

If that had ever happened to me I'd never go near the water again. Ever Ever Ever!!!

I grew up near the water--Hawaii--and I used to get nervous going swimming after seeing Jaws. I think I didn't swim much for a long time afterward, actually.

Oh my!!! I think that I would have had a heart attack!! That is awful that your momma didn't believe you. Have you talked to her about it since?

I am afraid that I will have these dreams for ever, since my dh will NEVER move away from FL. I forgot to mention that I am from New Hampshire, so gators were fictional to me until I moved here.

:eek::eek::eek:

If that had ever happened to me I'd never go near the water again. Ever Ever Ever!!!

I grew up near the water--Hawaii--and I used to get nervous going swimming after seeing Jaws. I think I didn't swim much for a long time afterward, actually.

JAWS scared me to death too! I had nightmares for months after I saw it. I even was afraid that the shark would get me in the pool and in the bathtub even! I lived just blocks away from Ft. Lauderdale beach and we used to go there every weekend. I would just sit in the water at the shoreline and let it splash up on me for the longest time. I don't think I got over my fear of that movie until I started SCUBA diving when I was 12 years old. Once I had a mask and could see what was down there I wasn't afraid anymore, but to this day I still don't like to be where I can't touch with my toes without a mask on. That's the bad thing about SCUBA diving. You get to know about all the other critters that are down there too! :eek:

Oh my!!! I think that I would have had a heart attack!! That is awful that your momma didn't believe you. Have you talked to her about it since?

Oh yeah. She believes me now. She knows I'm very truthful. I think it was just because when I was young I had an active imagination (I had imaginary friends, used to play pretend a lot) so she thought I was making it up. I guess she just couldn't believe that that really happened.

WOw, I have the house dream all the time!

The dream is either:

I open a door to a beautiful room that I never realized was there. There is always a gorgeous view of the ocean or something. I walk around thinking "why haven't I ever used this room before??"

or

I move into a house that has a HUGE attic. The attic has all sorts of cool levels and areas and nooks and I just keep thinking how cool of a place it will be for my kids to hang out. And the attic is usually filled will all sorts of antiques and interesting knick knacks that the previous owner left behind.

I always wake up with such an elated feeling after these dreams.

BTW, my house is large and I am actually looking forward to downsizing. I think I dream this because I love moving and looking at houses and just get so excited at the prospect of a new place.

I used to have a recurring dream of discovering a hidden large storage area, school room, etc. in my house. It always had desks, cabinets, storage, very multi-functional room.

I haven't had the dream yet since we moved into our current house in October, which definitely has plenty of storage and space for all things, school room, sewing room, sun room for hanging out, etc. so I think the dream *meant* that I wasn't happy with the function of our home, that I wanted to be more organized. Which I now am.

Although if I have the dream again now, I'll have no idea what it means!

I have the same kind of dream, except my door leads to a second kitchen and additional common areas. :D

I've had that dream about the whole house.

The house is light green on the outside. Lots of sun, great windows. A long hallway upstairs and rooms for everything. It is a two story with a basement and garage. It has a sleeping porch and a room over the garage.

I've never seen outside - like the yard or the street. I have no idea if it is in town or the country.

:grouphug:

That is VERY strange. I am glad I didn't read this just before bedtime. ;)

In my recurring dream there is a whole extra floor of the house that I've never got round to clearing out. This floor has also been untouched by the previous owners and is filthy and badly in need of redecoration, but is also crammed full of old furniture and treasures. In my dream I'm always really eager to sort through everything, and can never believe how I've managed to neglect it for so long.

I've always felt that houses in my dreams symbolised my mind, mostly the subconscious. So, I suppose according to this dream I've accumulated a load of rubbish in my subconscious, maybe the odd treasure, and I'm too lazy to 'sort it'. Maybe it's also a subconscious wish for adventure, excitement and hidden treasure.

I also used to have a very common dream of climbing stairs to the top and then finding them wobbling and moving violently, so that it was inevitable that I would eventually fall off. I don't have those dreams so much any more. I used to imagine that those dreams reflected my frustrated attempts to 'climb up' and improve my life. I guess just now my life really doesn't need any improvement :001_smile:. Or maybe I'm just too old and tired to do any more 'climbing' :tongue_smilie:.

They're funny things, dreams.

Best wishes

Cassy

I was always alone when I was a kid. I'm the youngest in my family. My older siblings never wanted to play with me because I was "the baby". Plus it was the 70's. Different time I guess. My mom never supervised me outside when I was that age. She just told me that I had to be home by the time the street lights came on.

I'm glad you wrote that. There was a recent thread about children not being allowed out unsupervised, even in the back yard, until they're 10 yo. When I was three (in the, cough, 60s), my mother let me out of a morning and didn't see me again until she called me for my lunch, and then again in the afternoon until my father came home from work and wanted to know where I was. I was an only child, so there were no older siblings to take care of me. There were plenty of lovely, kind neighbours who looked out for me though. Very different times.

Cassy

I'm glad you wrote that. There was a recent thread about children not being allowed out unsupervised, even in the back yard, until they're 10 yo. When I was three (in the, cough, 60s), my mother let me out of a morning and didn't see me again until she called me for my lunch, and then again in the afternoon until my father came home from work and wanted to know where I was. I was an only child, so there were no older siblings to take care of me. There were plenty of lovely, kind neighbours who looked out for me though. Very different times.

Cassy

Different times indeed. My neighbors all knew me too and would even spank me themselves if I was misbehaving. :tongue_smilie:

So what do you think it means when your dreams consistently have the same people in them? People who aren't in your family, I mean. ??

I've had a couple house dreams, too. In one of them, DH surprised me with a new house that he had built for me. :D I remember how it was laid out and everything. The longer the dream went on, of course, the crazier the house was - floors and floors and a bowling alley ABOVE the garage... :001_huh: :lol: We don't really even like bowling, but I guess it was cool...

Edited by PeacefulChaos

I have school dreams with test anxiety, being late for class, not being able to find my locker, and walking around in my pajamas. I'm too old for dreams like that. They are seriously annoying.

I have had those for a decade. Now, though, my "school panic dreams" look more like this:

It's the middle of the year and I forgot to teach my child anything! Oh, no! What happened? I didn't realize I was supposed to teach him things! And, for some reason, I never graduated high school either! I now have to take him TO high school with me AND teach him things, but I can't remember my locker combination or my schedule! Why aren't we wearing shoes?

Sigh. Nope, I'm not a worrier. Not at all.

I have school dreams with test anxiety, being late for class, not being able to find my locker, and walking around in my pajamas. I'm too old for dreams like that. They are seriously annoying.

:D I've had this recurring dream, too. But it was after the alligator episode and I haven't had these dreams in quite a while.

Oh, and then there was the I'm going to die in a shooting recurring dreams. These were also after the alligators but before the school ones.

Oh, I love dreams! I have a ton every night. Some are scarey as all get out. Don't like those! I have some recurring ones too, like running to find shelter from a tornado (which started as a kid after watching The Wizard of Oz - still can't watch that movie). Some are seriously foretelling of the future. I've had ones where I say good bye to people, just after they died. Those are surprisingly, very satisfying. But most just seem to be my sub conscious working through problems.

I used to have those too. For the longest time! :glare: Glad I don't have'em anymore!

I have had those for a decade. Now, though, my "school panic dreams" look more like this:

It's the middle of the year and I forgot to teach my child anything! Oh, no! What happened? I didn't realize I was supposed to teach him things! And, for some reason, I never graduated high school either! I now have to take him TO high school with me AND teach him things, but I can't remember my locker combination or my schedule! Why aren't we wearing shoes?

Sigh. Nope, I'm not a worrier. Not at all.

:lol: :lol: I haven't had the child one, but I DO remember dreaming that I was wandering the halls looking for which class I was supposed to be in and wondering Why don't I have any pants on?!!! :eek: :blink:

That's my childhood to a "T" I even grew up in South FLorida (Dania)...only it was in the 60's and everyone's kids were out playing until then. Starting at 7yo, after school, I took a city bus 1 1/2 miles, then walked 1 mile home...all alone. You had to live at least 3 miles away to ride the school bus. When I did get home, no one was there. I was a latch key kid. I had an older sister, but she always went over to a friends house directly after school (good thing, she was mean to me). My mom didn't get home from work until 5:30.

My recurrent dream is actually a nightmare. I haven't had it in years, but know it can "recur" at any time :glare:. It's about crossing a draw-bridge on foot. Just as I get to the mid-way point, the alarm starts clanging, and the bridge starts to rise. I cling to the grating (at the highest point) and go up with the bridge...only to lose my grip and fall 40-50ft into the crack. I hate that dream. I used to get laughed at when I told people. Most said it was an illogical fear, and could never happen. Guess what? In the early 90's, it DID happen to an elderly man in Ft.Lauderdale, not 10 miles from where I lived. The poor man died at the scene.

Edited by Geo

IbbyGirl, I can see why you call yourself a thread killer. Who could follow a story like THAT?! *shudder*

Sorry. I didn't mean to disturb anyone. I just thought it relevant since two others had talked about gators. :blushing:

That's my childhood to a "T" I even grew up in South FLorida (Dania)...only it was in the 60's and everyone's kids were out playing until then. Starting at 7yo, after school, I took a city bus 1 1/2 miles, then walked 1 mile home...all alone. You had to live at least 3 miles away to ride the school bus. When I did get home, no one was there. I was a latch key kid. I had an older sister, but she always went over to a friends house directly after school (good thing, she was mean to me). My mom didn't get home from work until 5:30.

My recurrent dream is actually a nightmare. I haven't had it in years, but know it can "recur" at any time :glare:. It's about crossing a draw-bridge on foot. Just as I get to the mid-way point, the alarm starts clanging, and the bridge starts to rise. I cling to the grating (at the highest point) and go up with the bridge...only to lose my grip and fall 40-50ft into the crack. I hate that dream. I used to get laughed at when I told people. Most said it was an illogical fear, and could never happen. Guess what? In the early 90's, it DID happen to an elderly man in Ft.Lauderdale, not 10 miles from where I lived. The poor man died at the scene.

I was a latch key kid too. I used to walk home by myself (30 minutes) ever since I was in the 1st grade. Mom didn't get home til 6pm, step dad got home at 5:30.

I used to have that dream sometimes too. I am from Ft. Lauderdale. I live in Hollywood now though not 2 miles from the beach. I cross the drawbridge every day with my kids when we go do our exercise. DD jogs on the boardwalk while ds and I walk on the sand. DD always says she's scared the bridge will open up with her on it. My ds on the other hand is totally fascinated by the bridge. He loves watching it go up and down. lol

Edited by Ibbygirl