Menu

Dad teaches daughter a lesson on Facebook.

:iagree:If only I had know earlier that all I had to do was state my opinion and then say, "so, that's the end of that!" and we could all be done with it!

FTR, perhaps I have been using the word 'redneck' incorrectly, but 'country' is one thing, redneck, imo is the arrogant insistence that bigotry, racism, sexism, and homophobia are not only acceptable, but preferable.

Well, my DH is none of the above and will proudly proclaim to be a redneck. *shrug* Guess it's relative....

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the customers do look like hobbits!!! :D

And do they love their ale... :lol:

LOL Ay, but seriously, and I"m gullible so tell me true, do you really live in a place called Hobbiton or are you joking?? Ay, I feel so dumb, but I really can't tell if you're joking or not. hehehehe

PS. what is Gandalf really like? Does he smell as bad as he looks like he would smell??

LOL Ay, but seriously, and I"m gullible so tell me true, do you really live in a place called Hobbiton or are you joking?? Ay, I feel so dumb, but I really can't tell if you're joking or not. hehehehe

PS. what is Gandalf really like? Does he smell as bad as he looks like he would smell??

In the summer my back 10 does look like the Shire and most of my neighbors are little short Catholic/Polish people who drink a TON of beer (they even have a beer festival in the summer which as far as I can tell is just a beer tent with brats and beer and country line dancing) and have a ton of kids.

When we first moved out here, DD asked if we were in the Shire. Someday, we plan on putting in a round door and giggling whenever we come home.

The worst smell from many of them is stale cigarette smell. :D

FTR, perhaps I have been using the word 'redneck' incorrectly, but 'country' is one thing, redneck, imo is the arrogant insistence that bigotry, racism, sexism, and homophobia are not only acceptable, but preferable.

How could you deduce from that video that the dad was a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot?

In the summer my back 10 does look like the Shire and most of my neighbors are little short Catholic/Polish people who drink a TON of beer (they even have a beer festival in the summer which as far as I can tell is just a beer tent with brats and beer and country line dancing) and have a ton of kids.

When we first moved out here, DD asked if we were in the Shire. Someday, we plan on putting in a round door and giggling whenever we come home.

The worst smell from many of them is stale cigarette smell. :D

Blech I hate the smell of stale cigarettes too. The round door would be AWESOME!! :thumbup: :D

How could you deduce from that video that the dad was a racist, sexist, homophobic bigot?

I didn't deduce that. I don't remember calling him a redneck, but, yeah, he did come off that way-arrogant, like he had something to prove.

IME (which has been VAST when it comes to this particular subject), yes, sexism and racism and homophobia DO go hand in hand with men who are proud of how they treat their kids and wives and it usually isn't good.

As always, ymmv.

ETA: And let me be clear here: I am not calling YOUR dh or anybody else's dh a racist, homophobic, sexist bigot just because they define themselves by the term redneck. What I am saying is that MY understanding of that word and MY experience with men who buddy up to that word is what I said: proud of being sexist, racist, homophobic bigots. Please understand the distinction.

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl

There are also some good recipes in there too! :p hehehehe

I've already drooled over a carrot cake and a pot roast! :drool5: I'm 10 pages in...

We are now at the point where it's "30 minutes to kilt"

Someone grab the Nakia Loves Alex tag please....:leaving:

:lol:

Okay, I suddenly have the urge to google "utili-kilt" but I'm scared what might come up. lol

Good job.

Well Done.

Gold-Star 4 u!

:party:

heheheh :blushing: Awww shucks. Glad you enjoyed it. :p

bahahahaha! I saw it! lol. Showed it to DH and he asked, "If Batman were Scottish would HE wear a utili-kilt?":tongue_smilie:

LOL Christian Bale's Batman would I'm sure of it! :D

A thread with over 100 pages!

:ohmy:

Off to read:auto:

You can change it so that you can see 50 posts per page so it would only be ten pages and you wouldn't have to change pages so many times. I forget where you do that but I think it is in the User Control Panel. I have my permanantly set so that it is always that way. It makes it much easier to read the bug threads.

You can change it so that you can see 50 posts per page so it would only be ten pages and you wouldn't have to change pages so many times. I forget where you do that but I think it is in the User Control Panel. I have my permanantly set so that it is always that way. It makes it much easier to read the bug threads.

It makes it much easier to read the big threads too. :p

**ducks and runs away snickering bwahahahaha **

:auto:

I've been intentionally ignoring this thread for some time. Everyone's opinions has been quite enlightening and rather disturbing to say the least. Wow!

Even so, it was a Neanderthal way to handle it, and I don't understand why he's being idolized.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Off to do more reading ...

I watched his video for a couple of minutes, but then had to stop. I didn't like his tone at all. Yes, the girl did a dumb thing. She's a teenager. They do dumb things and they disrespect their parents on a regular basis. I think she should be punished for what she wrote, but not humiliated on the internet. The father seems to be on a huge power trip, and I would probably be very resentful of him if I were his daughter.

Me too. And yes, he is on a huge power trip.

I love it. She is a smart-mouthed 15 year old who was disrespectful in ways I can't imagine. Obviously her computer was purchased for her by her father. I find it brave of him to make a video with an obvious stuttering problem and post it for the world to see. I don't have a gun so I guess I might have let the laptop take a dip in the deep end of our pool.

For the record I am a city girl but I find the use of the word redneck offensive just as some might find the use of the term "holy roller' or "bible thumper" offensive.

Because he has a cowboy hat, a southern accent, and a gun.:glare:

My dh owns a cowboy hat, has a southern accent, and owns multiple guns. He is not racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other kind of bigot.

I won't take offense, though, as he has pretty strong feelings against the type of people who are posting the nasty, bigoted comments.

It's amazing that one can paint an LARGE segment of our country's population with one brush.

I feel the same way but probably from a different end of the spectrum. Must be the redneck in me. ;)

:lol: love it.

And I made it 51 pages into the original kilt thread last night before I had to give it up until morning. My son woke up and was croupy and pitiful, so mommy duties called. I turned on my laptop as soon as I got out of bed this morning to read more! lol. What are you all doing to me?!? :tongue_smilie: