Menu

kitchen ware questions

As far as I know, stainless is completely safe. We got rid of all of our non-stick pots and pans and replaced them with stainless and one cast iron piece. I bake my bread either in a glass bread pan or on a stone. I bought my bamboo cutting boards at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I'm sure you can get them on Amazon, too.

I use stainless steel too.

My bread I bake in a stone loaf pan (aka pampered chef which are actually 20% off this month) or Norpro brand stainless steel loaf pan. I have to bake the stainless steel pans on the lowest rack and the stoneware in the upper half so my choice of pan is dependent on how many loaves I'm making since I don't have the same amount of both kinds.

I can't help you on the bamboo.

I replaced my non-stick with stainless.

My bread is baked on a flat stone, shaped by hand. I use a wooden peel for depositing and fetching pizza, the peel for depositing the bread, and a clean cloth for retrieving it. (and a spray bottle of spring water 3x in the first 10 min to give it an extra crispy crust-- better oven humidity)

I got my bamboo cutting boards from Amazon they were fairly inexpensive. I also use stainless pots and pans, with a mix of cast iron (I love my cast iron pans). For bakeware I have glass, stainless and cast iron. Just ordered a cast iron loaf pan it will be here today I am so exited to try it out the reviews were awesome on how the bread turned out after using it.

My understanding is that stainless is considered quite safe. My pots are stainless, my pans are cast iron. My utensils are a mix of bamboo and silicone. My bakeware is a mix of glass, stoneware, stainless, and silicone. (Silicone is also a very stable substance and is safe.) I have one stainless loaf pan and one silicone, and honestly I don't love either and often bake "artisan style" bread so I don't have to deal with them. I want to try a stoneware or cast iron loaf pan though. :-D

My cutting boards are almost all bamboo. I don't remember where I got them though, I've had them forever.