Menu

The husband project?

opinions. just curious. I guess I am not the only one out of the loop on this. I was wondering if others have read it. I just recently heard of this and thought I'd look into it more. sounded interesting at first but after hearing more about it, not sure it is for me. That is all.

http://www.kathilipp.com/category/thp/

Edited by lynn

The Husband Project is an indispensable resource for the wife who desires to

discover the unique plan God has for her marriage and her role as a wife

create a plan to love her husband “on purposeâ€

support and encourage other wives who want to make their marriage a priority

experience release from the guilt of “not being enoughâ€

The Husband Project is for every woman who desires to bring more joy into her marriage but just needs a little help setting a plan into action.

From Amazon.

I've never read it by the way. :)

The Husband Project is an indispensable resource for the wife who desires to

discover the unique plan God has for her marriage and her role as a wife

create a plan to love her husband “on purpose”

support and encourage other wives who want to make their marriage a priority

experience release from the guilt of “not being enough”

The Husband Project is for every woman who desires to bring more joy into her marriage but just needs a little help setting a plan into action.

Sounds like a stressful, guilt-ridden, wife-is-responsible-for-her-dh's-happiness way to make your marriage stronger. :glare:

I hate books like that. They make sure to point out all of your inadequacies (you know, in a helpful and supportive way. :glare:)

Sorry people, but I already love my husband; I don't need a book to tell me how to do it "on purpose" :confused: And the "guilt of not being enough?" Give me a break!

Let's start a Husband Project Support Group, and then we can feel like bad wives who don't really want more joy in our marriages, because we keep forgetting to attend the meetings... ;)

Edited by Catwoman

Sounds like a stressful, guilt-ridden, wife-is-responsible-for-her-dh's-happiness way to make your marriage stronger. :glare:

I hate books like that. They make sure to point out all of your inadequacies (you know, in a helpful and supportive way. :glare:)

Sorry people, but I already love my husband; I don't need a book to tell me how to do it "on purpose" :confused: And the "guilt of not being enough?" Give me a break!

Let's start a Husband Project Support Group, and then we can feel like bad wives who don't really want more joy in our marriages, because we keep forgetting to attend the meetings... ;)

come now... tell us what you really think. ;)

:iagree: I must completely and entirely agree with this. Dangerous type books that are very likely to cause more pain than good. That's my personal experience.

come now... tell us what you really think. ;)

:D :D :D :D

Sue me. I'm having one of those days. ;):D

I think we need to start a Wife Project. It's the one where the husband has to wait on us hand and foot, 24/7/365. And if he doesn't do it, he has to feel really guilty and buy us a lot of extra presents. And chocolate. And fancy coffee drinks. Every. Single. Day.

I'm telling you, this could really take off. ;)

I think we need to start a Wife Project. It's the one where the husband has to wait on us hand and foot, 24/7/365. And if he doesn't do it, he has to feel really guilty and buy us a lot of extra presents. And chocolate. And fancy coffee drinks. Every. Single. Day.

Booyah!! Yes!! I'll vote for it right now!!

And jeans. And Kate Spade purses. :auto:

Seriously, where are the books like this for men? And what man actually reads them??

:D:iagree:

I've read it (I have it). It's ok, nothing earth-shattering. I didn't get any guil-tripping vibes or "be a better wife so you can change your husband" from it. It's pretty much just suggestions, ideas for what to do if you want to bless your husband and increase intimacy and joy in your marriage. Obviously it's not for everyone, and there's not really anything in it I hadn't heard/read somewhere else, but I don't think there's any harm in it.

I've read it (I have it). It's ok, nothing earth-shattering. I didn't get any guil-tripping vibes or "be a better wife so you can change your husband" from it. It's pretty much just suggestions, ideas for what to do if you want to bless your husband and increase intimacy and joy in your marriage. Obviously it's not for everyone, and there's not really anything in it I hadn't heard/read somewhere else, but I don't think there's any harm in it.

Well, rats.

I was hoping it was something we could joke about for pages and pages to come, and now I find out it's harmless.

How unfortunate. :tongue_smilie:

Be careful, I won't be able to say, "She didn't have an unkind word to say" when I give your Eulogy much longer! :lol:

Be careful, I won't be able to say, "She didn't have an unkind word to say" when I give your Eulogy much longer! :lol:

Well if that's not the perfect ending to the perfect day, I just don't know what is.

I am totally crushed.

And I guess now you know the reason why I was suspiciously absent from the "didn't have an unkind word to say" thread... :coolgleamA:

Well, rats.

I was hoping it was something we could joke about for pages and pages to come, and now I find out it's harmless.

Oh, joke on! Besides,since when do we need to wait for a valid excuse for craziness around here??? :D

Well, rats.

LOL :lol::lol: How unfortunate indeed! I was enjoying reading you getting all revved up! :p hehehe You crack me up Cat!! I puffy heart love your wisecracks! :D puffyheartlove.jpg