Menu

I am going to Michaels Craft Store

Bang!Zoom!

Well, that turned out alright, I only went over budget by 15 dollars!

Today we did weaving's in Art (with Pizza Rounds) and talked about textile history, we finished up about a half hour ago. It's amazing how many rabbit trails there are to chase when it comes to textile arts; helps a lot that the kids are curious and interested too.

I went in for simple yarn, and walked out with "art yarns" - have you *seen* the fancy yarns in there? It's crazy for cryin' out loud, absolutely gorgeous stuff, all sorts of artsy colors and weaves and textures in one skein.

The kids went around the looms today, then learned how to add beads I already had, then I taught them how to skip pattern and then how to apply patterns on top of the plate, how to make pom pom lifts while they were weaving, how to macrame strands and work in crochet circles.

One of the four really took off and I sent her home with a bag so she could weave on the drive back home, she was just entranced, never skipped a beat and never lost her place.

I bet she falls asleep weaving tonight trying to finish it...lol...she was really good at it.

---

Michaels is not a place a girl should pick up a cart. Once you can carry no more, it's time to go!

The line was really long at checkout-very slow in fact. Right after we were finally done the lady behind us was checking out, the cashier struck up a conversation with her (she was a home schooler, I already knew that she asked while if I was while we were in line) - and she got some sort of special discount for homeschooling...like an educator card thing.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

I *really* don't want a discount card for that place anyway. I'd be compelled to shop there more! lol