Menu

I have shocking news!!

I wanna have a baby!...........That is all!

That really isn't all because I need to explain yall some things!

If you knew me in real life, you'd know that I'm the most miserable insufferable evil pregnant person! You'd also know that I really didn't want more than one child and after the birth of my second child I was really sure that I would never want to have more kids! But now.........I do! But I really would rather not be fat while I do it and I would also not to be over thirty five and I'm thirty one so, I better get a move on!:tongue_smilie:

Now, that is all!!!!

Well, I'm fat (went from 247.6 to 213.0 as of this morning, so working on that!), over 35 (turning 39 in less than three months, can't do anything about that though lol), also want another baby very much (it almost happened, last summer's ectopic screwed that up for me temporarily)... and there was a time prior to that where I didn't think I wanted more either, then my husband didn't, but I talked him into it, and it's been a long bumpy road trying to make it happen, but the heart wants what the heart wants. So I hear ya. Good luck with it. At this point I'm just working on getting a bit healthier with the weight loss and insulin levels so I can "get a move on" and start trying again, too! Hopefully that will be soon, and hopefully it will happen for me.

I kept thinking all these signs must have meant it was meant to be. Like, if I suddenly found myself wanting another, it must have been meant to be. But my husband was adamant all along about not wanting anymore.

But then he said yes. So it must have been meant to be! But then five months went by with no positive.

But then I got pregnant! So it must have been meant to be! But then it was an ectopic.

Then I was cleared to try again...but there were two months with no positive whatsoever using an ovulation predictor test kit.

But then my regular doctor said my insulin levels were high and put me on metformin to correct that and I've lost just about 35 lbs and still going, and read that metformin often helps women conceive. And now my 6 y/o son just started randomly asking me, "Are you ever going to have a baby? I want to know what it's like to have a baby here." (The kids had no idea we were trying or about the ectopic pregnancy etc).

Maybe soon will be my time. Hope it works out for both of us! :D

Er, sorry for the ramble on your thread lol.

Aww I think it's sweet!

I was 100% certain I didn't want anymore babies after dd#2, then I got the feeling that we needed a third child to complete us and ds came along...now my ds will be 3 in a couple weeks and I've got the baby thoughts all over again. Everyone around me knows how DONE I am and how much I don't want another baby! But quietly to myself I've been thinking about ONE more! I thought my dh was done too as he's 41. BUT I said something the other day to him and his comment was "if that's what you want honey." I about fell onto the floor. Of course I joked it off and said I was only kidding.

I know having another isn't something that is plausable right now for us, but I KNOW how you feel!:grouphug:

Maybe soon will be my time. Hope it works out for both of us! :D

Er, sorry for the ramble on your thread lol.

No need to apologize, I love ramblings! I hope it works out for us too!

Maybe there is something in the air?

Last night I had a dream that dh and I travelled to China and adopted -- now let me tell you, with me being 57 y/o, that is SO not going to happen.

Ohhhhh adoption! I never thought of that!

I'd like another baby, too-but given that DD is 7, I'm turning 40, and it hasn't happened yet, I'm not feeling very positive.

You nevr know, it could still happen!

Well I'd love another baby too, so add me to the list.

Alas, there's no earthly way that'll happen. :(

No sad faces!! I didn't want to make people sad!

Aww I think it's sweet!

! I thought my dh was done too as he's 41. BUT I said something the other day to him and his comment was "if that's what you want honey." I about fell onto the floor. Of course I joked it off and said I was only kidding.

I know having another isn't something that is plausable right now for us, but I KNOW how you feel!:grouphug:

I think that my husband would be eighty and say what ever you want hunny!

Yep :(

No sad faces, please!

I'm sorta of there too.

For the past 2 1/2 years, we've been done. I'm 38 today. I'm 205 lbs so add me to the fat list as well. Plus I'm miserable when pregnant. Well, not really because I take Unisom and B6 for the last 34 weeks of pregnancy in order to function. Three out of four births ended up being hospital births, two were induced, and all I ever wanted was a natural birth at home or birthing center. We're squashed into this three bedroom house and financially strained until we get past a few unexpected expenses.

The kids all want another baby. And DH just said two days ago that he'd be up for another one. I go back and forth, depending on the day. Today I don't want another one. Yesterday, I did. I made the decision his. He's got about a week and a half before I have to go drop $200 on birth control again.

We would adopt but we couldn't possibly afford it.

Edited by joannqn

I'd like another baby, too-but given that DD is 7, I'm turning 40, and it hasn't happened yet, I'm not feeling very positive.

:iagree: I'm in the same boat. Baby is turning 7...I'm turning 38. I've never once been baby hungry before in my life, but I can't stop thinking about having another one. I had thyroid cancer 2.5 yrs ago and think maybe my body is just done....but I cannot stop thinking about the baby girl I never had.

No sad faces, please!

There have been 13 babies born in my church since August...there are 6 more due this summer...everyone woman who was in the infertility group has a new baby or is pregnant...except me...and it would be a medical miracle if I could get pregnant...we have no money to adopt again and even if we did we could never get approved in our 2 bedroom house. So I am suck out of luck and very sad right now...sorry.

• 5 months later...

I'm 12 weeks pregnant tomorrow! It was almost like it shouldn't have happened. I got my IUD out April 13, got my monthly visitor the next friday which was the twentieth. May I was feeling kinda out of it and the month came and went. I took a test and sure enough it was positive. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still over weight. I am sick from 12 am to 3/4am but I'm happy.....thanks for all the encouragement ladies! I will try to keep you updated.:001_smile:

I'm 12 weeks pregnant tomorrow! It was almost like it shouldn't have happened. I got my IUD out April 13, got my monthly visitor the next friday which was the twentieth. May I was feeling kinda out of it and the month came and went. I took a test and sure enough it was positive. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still over weight. I am sick from 12 am to 3/4am but I'm happy.....thanks for all the encouragement ladies! I will try to keep you updated.:001_smile:

congrats.gif

Congrats!! Now you won't have to live with any regrets. I thought I was DONE after having four boys, but that changed and now I can't imagine life without my two baby girls. I have met plenty of older people who see our family tell me they wish they had more children, but I've yet to meet anyone tell me they wish they had had less!